• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Jerome Callet A friend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MannyCandelario

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Jerome Callet A friend Reply with quote

I was just in touch with my friend of over 30 years Jerome Callet who weeks ago suffered a massive heart attack. I now that this is a forum for sharing trumpet information and advice, but Jerry has a lot of trumpet player friends out there and may not know of his condition. Please keep him in your prayers as he is a great man, fellow trumpeter, teacher, and friend. A great trumpet and mouthpiece maker for many years who has helped many.

Thank you kindly for sharing and reading this.

Manny Candelario
bear30101

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry has always been extremely generous to me. I am grateful for his help and greatly admire his continuous, energetic quest. Get well Jerry!
(If you never heard him play at the height of his powers, you really missed something! Brilliance, power, range, and endurance beyond reason.)
John Houghton
tptguy
Jerome Callet Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very pleased to give this update - Jerry has been home again for nearly a week, and he's doing reasonably well. He didn't have a recent heart attack, but 87 years have left his heart severely weakened. And this has been hard on his lungs and kidneys too. But Jerry is his usual tenacious self; it will take more than this to keep him down!

Jerry is very happy to take phone calls on his studio number. If he's feeling tired he'll just let the phone ring - try again later. And I'm sure he'd love to get some cards from his many students and friends. Use his studio address below. I'll see him tomorrow and update this thread if there is anything new.

Jerry has been of invaluable help to me and so many thousands of pro and amateur trumpeters around the world. This is a good time to keep him in your prayers.

Get well cards:
Jerome Callet
44 Garden St
Staten Island, NY 10314 USA
(718) 477-5803
trumpetteacher1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear that he is still hanging in there!

Jerry changed and enriched my understanding of trumpet. Without him, no Balanced Embouchure book would have been possible.

Thanks for the update, Kyle. Bless you for all you have done to help Jerry.

Jeff
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news indeed, thanks Kyle. I've never met him, did phone him once a number of years ago, and one of my wife's cousins is/was his student (he was a pro player, trumpet and keyboard, and became a school teacher later -- he's fighting cancer himself at the moment). Jerry is a special guy...
bear30101

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I spoke to Jerry on the phone. He sounded good and immediately demonstrated and explained his new (and very impressive) spit-buzzing. His curiosity and enthusiasm are undiminished!
Dale Proctor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear he's doing ok. I have had past dealings and conversations with Jerry and he's a great human being. One of his old SOLO mouthpieces is still one of my favorites.
tptguy
Jerome Callet Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday, had another long chat with Jerry. His voice is considerably stronger, sounds like his old self. And this week's medical tests were all positive. He's now walking stairs to recover strength.

When it comes to trumpet design, ears out front, mouthpiece design, and embouchure, Jerry's knowledge is unmatched. So give him a call or drop a card in the mail. You'll be proud to tell your grandchildren you knew one of the most passionate and dedicated teachers ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: