• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Dr. Larry Miller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Claude Gordon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce Haag

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject: Dr. Larry Miller Reply with quote

Good news, I heard from Dr. Larry Miller, known here as trptdoc. Most of you know him from his article in "Brass Playing"and from his lectures at the Brass Camps. He and Bonnie made it out of Paradise just in time to escape the fires. He wrote: "We got out with just the clothes on our back. The house was totaled and all my horns are gone!"

Let's keep all the folks in Paradise in our prayers. So many did not make it out alive. Those who did not make it out probably number in the hundreds. How very sad.

Bruce
Authorized Kanstul Musical Instruments dealer
15 year student of Claude Gordon
Claude Gordon Certified Teacher
Skype Lessons
Formerly with Stan Kenton
Elvis Presley - Las Vegas Shows
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great news - thanks for letting us know! I mean, it's great news they are alive, but of course, very sad news about their home. I sent a Private Message to Larry a few days ago but it is still in the Outbox meaning he hasn't picked it up. I was getting worried.

In the message I offered him use of one of my horns as long as needed in case the worst had (and apparently has) happened. Let him know about that. And I've got plenty of mouthpieces, too!

Best wishes,

John
Ex LA Studio Musician
16 Year Claude Gordon Student
Bruce Haag

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John, I will pass that offer on to Larry. That is a very nice gesture.

He is staying in a home in Chico that he owns. His son lives there. I imagine that he has so many details to take care of that he will not be playing very much trumpet any time soon.

I have some extra copies of the out-of-print books like Thiecke, Lozano, and few other things that I can send him. He will have to re-build his library a book at a time. That's a big job considering how long he has played and the extent of his collection.

It's a real heart-breaker losing everything you have but I am sure that he feels pretty lucky to just be alive. That fire moved so fast.

Take care,
Bruce
Authorized Kanstul Musical Instruments dealer
15 year student of Claude Gordon
Claude Gordon Certified Teacher
Skype Lessons
Formerly with Stan Kenton
Elvis Presley - Las Vegas Shows
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Claude Gordon All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: