• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New Trumpet Fundamentals Book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrogan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: New Trumpet Fundamentals Book Reply with quote

Hi All, I want to share with you my latest trumpet book: Trumpet Exercises.

https://www.joshrogantrumpet.com/method-books/trumpet-exercises

This is a book of 58 exercises, organised into 12 different routines, each taking less than 40 minutes to play through. Most of them are original, and others are my own adaptions of existing exercises- all are presented clearly, covering the entire standard range of the trumpet, using all 12 keys, and set out to help balance the use of Bb trumpet and C trumpet during practice.

The primary purpose of this book is to give the user a simple set of exercises to work on their fundamentals in a way that will give them the best chance to improve and understand what they want to sound like.

The other thing that is particularly exciting about this project is that I have recorded audio to go along with it! All 58 exercises have been recorded to give an example of how I imagined them to sound.

If you're interested, you can find the PDF of this book for purchase from my website for $14.99 AUD (audio included for free)! Enjoy.

Ps. For those who are curious, I live in New Zealand and am the Sub-Principal Trumpet with the Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra.
trombahonker
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh also has a fantastic Scales book with a bunch of patterns and approaches to keeping scale work interesting - "Scales in All Keys" and the more intricate "Scales Bootcamp" - also on his website. And for anyone wanting to hear the man behind the book, search for his youtube videos!
camikaye

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting! I am always looking for more interesting ways to get through fundamentals. Your scale bootcamp book looks great too! I'm assuming they are all .pdf or do you also sell books?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: