• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Range Development by Charles Colin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timothyquinlan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Range Development by Charles Colin Reply with quote

One of the coolest things about running qPress is that sometimes there is an amazing discovery. Something no one knew existed, but it comes to the surface out of nowhere.

Today Charles Colin's Range Development for Trumpet was just released. What is crazy about it is that he wrote it 25 years ago, but he stashed it away in an old box and no one found it until now! His son Allan wrote:

"While looking through photos and memorabilia recently, I inadvertently came upon this book written in 1995 by my dad, the late Charles Colin. I know how pleased he would be that it had finally surfaced and proud to see it in publication and widely available. He specified that the text "Range Development" from "The Brass Player" preface these most worthwhile exercises."

So cool. You guys can check it out here if you are interested. Such a cool thing to see.
melkor24601

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a cool story, and ordinarily I like to see the enthusiasm with which you uncover & re-issue old materials, but isn't it a bit misleading to call this brand new or newly-discovered when this book was published in 2012 by Charles Colin Publications (CC1097), and those are still available new from numerous sources for barely half what your PDF costs? Also a little weird that their original copyright mark & supertitles appear to have been simply removed from the page with Allan's quote.
timothyquinlan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn’t know it was available elsewhere. It was not on Charles Colin’s website (still isn’t). I just know what I get in my inbox!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: