• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Brass 4tet + percussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jicetp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:13 am    Post subject: Brass 4tet + percussion Reply with quote

Hi

I have been asked to gather a group of brass players and a percussion player to play for an audience of inmates ( ? ).
We are scheduled to play next week so I am in a hurry to get some charts for 2 trumpets 2 bones and opt. percussion.
Any advice ? Inputs ?

Obviously, I wont have time enough to order some materials from publishers who only sell hard copies.

Thanks

JiCe
zaferis
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first thought was to add a Tuba, make it a brass quintet with perc,, would open the door to a ton more free arrangements.. and arrangements that would easily accept adding percusion.

Then what arrangements you can't beg, borrow or steal(buy), you make.. adding percussion to existing arrangements is not terribly difficult - give the perc a style and let them fill in the blanks. (kinda what a good set player does anyway..)

good luck
Retired Air Force Bandsman
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes some patience but there is some useful stuff to be found on Musescore. If you're not familiar, Musescore is a software but it's also a sharing site. You don't need to have the Musescore software to search and preview the files, including playback. If you find something you like you can typically download PDFs of the files for free. Pretty sure some offerings have a fee but not most.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
Richard III
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheet Music Plus has instant downloads for all kinds of instrument combinations. Most are pretty reasonable.

Musescore also has stuff but a lot of it just doesn't work for my group. We keep finding odd chord structures in the middle of the songs.

Conn 22B Trumpet
York Eminence Model 4028 Cornet
1903 Conn The Wonder Cornet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: