• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Yamaha Leadpipe Replacement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wesposito

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Yamaha Leadpipe Replacement Reply with quote

Hello! I'm looking to replace the leadpipe on my Yamaha YTR 6345HGS Mark I and I have been encountering some trouble. I can't seem to find a leadpipe that lists itself as compatible with my horn. For that matter, I can't even find any proof that my horn was ever even manufactured. Is there anywhere that sells a leadpipe that would be compatible with a heavyweight, large-bore horn such as mine? Thanks so much!

Will
Christian K. Peters
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: yamaha leadpipe Reply with quote

Hello Will,
Welcome to the TH. I would think that any shop that is a Yamaha dealer could help you out. If they can't, have their Yamaha rep do some sleuthing. If you want an after market pipe, Look to M/K Drawing.
dr_trumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Yamaha Leadpipe Replacement Reply with quote

Wesposito wrote:
Hello! I'm looking to replace the leadpipe on my Yamaha YTR 6345HGS Mark I and I have been encountering some trouble. I can't seem to find a leadpipe that lists itself as compatible with my horn. For that matter, I can't even find any proof that my horn was ever even manufactured. Is there anywhere that sells a leadpipe that would be compatible with a heavyweight, large-bore horn such as mine? Thanks so much!

Will

I have the same horn, and have a Larson leadpipe on mine currently. They do require a tuning slide change to the Malone/Larson style of tuning pull, but it's worth it.

Hope this helps,

AL
Arranger/Composer; Lilly Music
yourbrass
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the Yamaha parts list and both 1st and 2nd generations of the 6345HG are discontinued. They are recommending a 6335 pipe for your instrument.
https://yourbrass.com/
Uberopa
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Charlie Melk and put his #4 pipe on my 8335 RGS. Very nice change. More like a Bach 43 pipe with more open sound with a little more zing. Used one of the M/K slides with it. Nice change.
Pete
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you want to change it?

Pete
J-Walk
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Yamaha Leadpipe Replacement Reply with quote

Wesposito wrote:

Will

If you want the same leadpipe, maybe call Yamaha? They helped me years ago with a discontinued model I had and sent me a stock replacement from some old stock they still had. If you want to change the feel of the horn, Ken Larson, Bob Malone, Charlie Melk among others will have plenty of options for you and will guide you in the process.
Adams A5
Larson Brasswerks “Reese” Model C
Schilke P5-4 picc
Courtois 154 flugel
A few mouthpieces that fit my face and horns
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: