• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Arban - "The Beautiful Snow"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonathanM
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Arban - "The Beautiful Snow" Reply with quote

Greetings, All. I'm hoping some of you can help with a question raised recently regarding Arban's 'The Beautiful Snow'. (see below)

I enjoy doing Youtube vids; posting reviews of different horns I've had, mouthpieces and so on. I'm not a skilled pro (as one can deduce quite quickly from my vids) but I do enjoy sharing what I know and enjoy. The comments from around the world can prove very interesting. One player in a South American country said he'd never held or even seen a flugle in his life and wondered how the sound compared... So I did a vid of a trumpet, flugel and cornet. It's amazing what interests and concerns people from different areas of our world. But I digress.

I received this comment from a trumpeter in China last night; his comment was translated by Google. Frankly, I'm not well acquainted with the Arban material and was hoping that some of you might respond here. I'll run your comment through Google translate and send it back to him. The following is his question...

"Hello, sir. I am a student studying trumpet in China. Recently, when I was writing a paper on 《the beautiful snow(Arban)》, I met with a problem. In China, I did not find the literature or audio and video records of the original music, but only found the theme selected from an opera. Here I hope to get your help and know some questions about the theme of the original song."
(translated by Google).

I've directed many followers to this forum and will do so in this instance as well, but I hope to offer some of y'alls contributions to him directly as well. I realize that his question can be answered different ways; we've probably lost some subtle influence of his exact desire in translation. Still, I imagine he'll apreciate any response we can send his way. Thanks in advance.
Puje: American Belle
Cornet: Olds Recording & Super
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jonathan,

I have no information for you regarding that, but glad to see you’re still alive and kicking....or if not kicking, at least playing!

Brad
Heim
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooten's Arban has a recording I think. Tell him to buy it.
HaveTrumpetWillTravel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if the reader can use youtube in China, but there's a version on there of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Oz-II06Yvw

Here's another one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3jntfEjdec

Apparently it's one of the 12 arban's solos. I just looked it up and it's No. 5, "Variations on 'Vois-tu la neige qui brille.'" Just giving him/her the French name may be useful.
JonathanM
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad; Greetings! Now I'm a South Carolina boy...

And to HaveTrumpetWillTravel... Yes, the problem is what is available online in China. I think severe internet restrictions are the problem. I'll forward the info though - thank you!
Puje: American Belle
Cornet: Olds Recording & Super
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: