• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New lesson on air

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tptguy
Jerome Callet Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: New lesson on air Reply with quote

Jerry spent most of the past several weeks in the hospital struggling with the heart, lung, and kidney issues of an 87 year old. But that didn't stop him from thinking trumpet. I spoke to him yesterday and his voice was very weak. But then he spit buzzed for me. Single, double, triple - it was stronger, faster, more precise, and more dead in tune than anything I've ever heard (even from him).

Call him, have him demonstrate on the phone. His range and power are legendary. But even in a recovery bed Jerry has more range, power, precision, and dead-centered pitch than anyone before. And this is all done with absolutely no air power as well as no tongue arch, no anchor tonguing, and no squeezing of the lips together.

Give Jerry a call and listen to his spit buzz. It might be the ear opening push most of us need. Best to all, Kyle
jbuntin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Wishing Jerry the best Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, Kyle. Jerry is a true trumpeting icon. I enjoyed meeting him at ITG in Hershey! I still enjoy my SIMA, and use a Wedge derivative of the Superchops 4. I like to let high school trumpeters play my original Superchops 4 to get a feel for a good lead piece.
Wedge mouthpieces
epoustoufle
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jerry has more range, power, precision, and dead-centered pitch than anyone before. And this is all done with absolutely no air power as well as no tongue arch, no anchor tonguing, and no squeezing of the lips together.

I know it's been brought up time and again here... but doesn't someone this good really deserve to be recorded? The only thing I've heard Jerry play is on the Superchops DVD and it's... "average"... to be generous.

No disrespect intended - I play his technique! - but the... "marketing"... shall we say, is comical! Maybe I'm just not in on the joke
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope his health improves and he gets released from the hospital real soon.
trumpetplanet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

epoustoufle wrote:
Quote:
Jerry has more range, power, precision, and dead-centered pitch than anyone before. And this is all done with absolutely no air power as well as no tongue arch, no anchor tonguing, and no squeezing of the lips together.

I know it's been brought up time and again here... but doesn't someone this good really deserve to be recorded? The only thing I've heard Jerry play is on the Superchops DVD and it's... "average"... to be generous.

No disrespect intended - I play his technique! - but the... "marketing"... shall we say, is comical! Maybe I'm just not in on the joke

The VHS that Jerry made in the late 80s has some bits of his playing on it. It's very powerful and in tune. Having said that - good luck finding a copy, it took me years to get my hands on that tape...

As you quite rightly pointed out as well, that conversation has been had here many times. You're better off seeking out players who have made Jerry's teachings work.

https://neotericbrass.com/
https://trumpetpla.net/
https://tonguecontrolled.info/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: