• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Recording King silver trumpet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pstalker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject: Recording King silver trumpet Reply with quote

Hi all,

I recently acquired a silver trumpet with the words "Recording King" engraved on the top of the bell surrounded by engraved flowers and leaves. I took the trumpet to a local wind shop and they indicated it was approx 100 years old and had an unusually tight wrap, but they could not tell the make or model other than "Recording King". Each of the valves is numbered 1-3, and on the bottom of valve #2 the numbers "9107" are stamped. With the exception of the engraved section of the bell the horn has a dull or brushed finish; has not been polished.

The mouthpiece that came with the horn is a silver 17C Rudy Muck Cushion Rim (Made in England) which appears to be quite old. It also came with an old wrapped wooden trumpet case with a plush red lining. The case has an old sticker with the words, "Ripplinger Electronic & Machine Works", "ST. LOUIS". I think the case is a generic trumpet case which could have been bought for any trumpet back in the day.

Does anyone have any information about this horn or know someone who might? I'd like to know the maker, age, materials and any history related to the horn or case.

Thanks!

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: