• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Brad Goode Injury Lecture at JEN

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Brad Goode Injury Lecture at JEN Reply with quote

Hello TH friends,

On Thursday, January 10, 2019, at 2pm, I will be presenting a lecture at the 10th Annual Jazz Education Network Conference in Reno, Nevada, titled;

Play On: Understanding Injury and Dysfunction in Brass Players, with Strategies for Retraining and Rehabilitation .

I will be speaking on the reasons for injury, methods for prevention and recovery, correcting faulty technique and additionally, on what I perceive to be a very real crisis in current brass pedagogy that is directly leading to these injuries.

If you are a brass teacher, or a player dealing with embouchure injury issues, I hope you will attend this talk, and that we will have a chance to personally connect there. It is always my desire to help everyone I can help in this situation, and it has become a personal mission to prevent more of these injuries from occurring.

Brad Goode
Associate Professor of Jazz Studies
University of Colorado
Quigley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject: Lecture on Injury Reply with quote

Hi Brad - will your lecture be carried on-line in any capacity?

Q
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Pedagogy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: