• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Getzen Capri trumpet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jondrowjf@gmail.com
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject: Getzen Capri trumpet Reply with quote

Received the Getzen Capri trumpet, I bought from Ebay. Is it my imagination that is sounds better than my Getzen 397 trumpet?

Next week I will have a fixed ring installed on the 3rd slide.

Decided to sell the Getzen 397 trumpet on ebay. Cleaned it and boxed it up. Ready to sell, waiting on buyer.
david johnson
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Capri is a fine instrument.
jondrowjf@gmail.com
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject: Trumpet bath Reply with quote

Yesterday I gave the trumpet a bath with dish detergent. All the slides remained stuck.Used cheap dollar store detergent.

Today I bought some Dawn detergent and gave the trumpet a bath.After taking out of sink with very much pulling, the 2nd and 3rd slides were unstuck.

Cleaned both slides and then re-soaked the trumpet. Added much more soap inside and outside of the trumpet After a half hour took out, rinsed off the trumpet and then slowly pulled out the main slide.Cleaned the slide.

Dried it off, wiped it down, re-greased the slides, oiled the slides, and put it both together it sounded great. Little bit of water left in. Took it apart, letting it dry off for the night.

Still getting used to the trigger. Don't like the 3rd slide move-able ring. Will get a fixed ring installed next week.

Does anyone known what size of Amado water keys would be on a 1970s Capri trumpet. I am missing one of the inserts.
jondrowjf@gmail.com
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject: Amado water keys Reply with quote

Yesterday I received the Amado water keys and I was unable to install them. So Monday I bring to tech to install water key and fixed ring.

Was an excellent choice to buy this trumpet. I do hear a difference between the Getzen capri trumpet and the Getzen 397 trumpet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: