• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Quality of new Bach screw-rim mouthpieces? (custom orders)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Souperman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject: Quality of new Bach screw-rim mouthpieces? (custom orders) Reply with quote

Hi, I'm looking for feedback from anyone who has ordered Bach screw-rim mouthpieces in recent times.? And actually, feedback about any custom order mouthpieces in general?
I last ordered screw-rim Bachs way back in the 90's, and some had slight imperfections.

With the new screw-rim pieces, is the meeting point from rim to cup smooth?- no slight ridge?
Does the end of the shank look cleanly machined? Even thickness around? (if you understand what I mean)

I guess I'm basically asking how good of a job is the custom mouthpiece person doing at Bach? I know that ever since they've gone to CNC, the standard pieces are more consistent. But, I also realize that custom Bach pieces are pricey and can take a long time to receive. Any input is appreciated, thanks!
Nlblkely

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a customer who ordered a custom cornet mouthpiece from them and the finish looked good. It wasnt screw rim but it was done well. Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: