• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Practice mute for Eb trumpet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikeymd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject: Practice mute for Eb trumpet Reply with quote

Hi all,

What recommendations can you make for a practice mute for an Eb trumpet-in this case an old Stomvi Titan. I have a Wallace Collection mute which is not cutting it.

Ta,

Mike
TKSop
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I really like the Mike McLean (Eb) practice mute in my soprano cornets - works better (for me) than any of the Bb practice mutes I've tried.

Admittedly, I have the Bb version also and the only difference appears(!) to be that the corks are thinner... if your mute uses corks rather than foam/rubber and you don't use it on any other horns, you could try thinning the corks down and see if it improves (then again, if it doesn't, it'll be harder to sell).
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Bb/C version of the Trumcor Lyric Stealth and expect their Eb version to work as well.
https://www.trumcor.com/product/trumpet-lyric-stealth
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: