• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Hey to all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hornman1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject: Hey to all Reply with quote

Hi everyone. Just returning and wanting to sell about 12 top shelf and hard to get horns says i have to have 5 posts though before i can use the marketplace. Can anyone help with this or what constitutes a post. Thanks. Rick
jhatpro
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breeze through any of the Forums, find a thread that interests you, ask a question or make a comment. Simple as that.

"The notes are there - find them.” Mingus

2021 Martinus Geelan Custom
2005 Bach 180-72R
1965 Getzen Eterna Severinsen
1946 Conn Victor
1998 Scodwell flugel
1986 Bach 181 cornet
1954 Conn 80A cornet
2002 Getzen bugle
arenarx68

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been a member for several years. I have enjoyed and benefited from reading many of the forums. I just don't feel knowledgeable enough to add to them. I am in the same situation. I have a horn to sell and just found out about the 5 post rule. I guess I am going to have to get verbal.
JetJaguar
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you do get 5 or more posts made and put your horn up for sale, there will be a link on your sale showing your posts. Some potential buyers might be put off by seeing 5 posts obviously made to fulfill the requirement.
1938 Martin Handcraft Imperial #2 bore, 38 bell
Connstellation 7B-N mouthpiece

I'm looking for a Connstellation 5C-N or 5B-N mouthpiece

www.jazzscales.org

The Coady Strengthening Exercises: http://coady.coolwarm.com
tptptp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea is not to make you create 5 nonsense posts. It is to introduce yourself and enter in to some discussions in a meaningful way. Let the TH community get to know you as well as possible. Only then will folks trust you enough to buy your stuff.
Speed
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I visit another site (unrelated to trumpets) where the requirements to list an item in its marketplace are 45 days of membership and "50 quality posts."

The advice given earlier is solid. Find some threads in which you have interest and join the conversation, even if to merely to ask a question. In my first post, I wrote some comments, many of which were intended to be humorous, about the things I had learned while lurking here for many months. Something like that lets people here get a feel for you, which should make it easier for someone to buy something from you, which involves risk and trust. That's the point of the meager five post rule.

Perhaps our System Administrator should consider adding the adjective "quality" to the five post requirement. ;^)

Take care,
Marc Speed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: