• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Getzen 900DLX and 907DLX - thoughts?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nixer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject: Getzen 900DLX and 907DLX - thoughts? Reply with quote

I was pleasantly surprised this morning to see mention on another thread about 2 new offerings from Getzen - the 900 and 907 DLX horns, commemorating the company's 80th birthday. I had checked the Getzen website a few weeks ago and hadn't seen anything about a new trumpet, but the site now features the new models, albeit misspelled as Externa, rather than Eterna.

My experience with Getzen goes back to a mid-70s Severinsen, currently playing a 3051, which is far more horn than I actually need.

Has anyone played these new models? All things being equal in terms of sound, I really prefer, for purely visual aesthetic reasons, the looks of a trumpet that utilizes a variety of materials. Those Conn 10 B and A horns from the mid 50s, for example, with their combos of copper, brass and nickel I find very pleasing to look at.
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked, I don’t see them. Are they on the main Getzen site?

Brad
Nixer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad361 wrote:

Brad

Yes
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nixer wrote:
Brad361 wrote:

Brad

Yes

Oops, just saw it. When I googled Getzen trumpets somehow I missed it.

Brad
Nixer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone play these yet?
Dayton
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be playing a 900DLX next month and will be happy to share my thoughts then.
blbaumgarn
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:04 am    Post subject: Getzen 900DXL and 907DXL opinions Reply with quote

Wow. I love the look of both of the horns. Way, way back in the day played a Getzen Eterna cornet for a year in school, and later a Severinson Eterna during summer school. Loved 'em both. I would rate the Doc Severinsen right behind my Benge 5 from about '74 that I had for 25 years and sold (like a fool). Being old and incompetent now and 68 my dream horn is a Getzen Proteus. I have found the people at Getzen very cordial, even answering questions for me about used horns I looked at. Bet they play as well as they look.
trmptman01

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Getzen 900DLX and 907DLX Reply with quote

I saw these on Getzens site recently when I was thinking about buying a new horn. The people at Getzen did a great job of emailing me back pretty quickly. There isn't a local distributor for me but they said they would email a rep they have in this area with my info. I never heard back from him. So I went a different direction. It's unfortunate that the rep didn't get back to me because I had the money and the inclination to buy.

As far as the Proteus is concerned it is a very very nice horn. I had one and really enjoyed playing it. Sold it for something else. Kinda wished I had kept it.
Adam R. Getzen
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Getzen 900DLX and 907DLX Reply with quote

trmptman01 wrote:
I saw these on Getzens site recently when I was thinking about buying a new horn. The people at Getzen did a great job of emailing me back pretty quickly. There isn't a local distributor for me but they said they would email a rep they have in this area with my info. I never heard back from him. So I went a different direction. It's unfortunate that the rep didn't get back to me because I had the money and the inclination to buy.

As far as the Proteus is concerned it is a very very nice horn. I had one and really enjoyed playing it. Sold it for something else. Kinda wished I had kept it.

I will be bringing this up with our sales manager when he gets back. Losing a potential sale is one thing but ignoring a potential customer is worse.
kevinwoods
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just played the 900 today at the NAfME All-Northwest Conference. Bravo to Getzen!! Easily the best Bb there, and one heck of a trumpet! Very responsive, great intonation, and of course the fit, finish, and valves are awesome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: