• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

BlueJuice refills- nowhere to be found. Where'd they go????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stanton
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject: BlueJuice refills- nowhere to be found. Where'd they go???? Reply with quote

I just refilled my small bottle of Blue Juice today from my 8 oz refill size that has lasted some time. It was time to buy another. But when I went to search for it, every site that popped up said "this product is no longer available". I can still buy 2 oz bottles for $4.50 (which is a rip-off IMO for 2 oz of virtual gasoline). I suppose I could switch to another brand, but I've been very happy with BlueJuice's performance over the years.

Where can I buy an 8 oz refill bottle without being ripped off? [Even Amazon has it listed as a "Saxophone Case" for $23 (I kid you not)]
Stanton Kramer "Signature" Mouthpiece
AJCarter
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HALLELUJAH

I'm sorry that your oil of choice is gone, but I have always detested Blue Juice. It reacted poorly with my personal chemistry, and it smells terrible to boot. First Al Cass, now this one..

Have you ever tried Hetman or Yamaha synthetic?
mafields627
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I recall, it has to do with the new requirements that the bottles are childproof and the 8 oz bottles not being so.

No representation is made that the quality of this post is greater than the quality of that of any other poster. Oh, and get a teacher!
Smokin Joe
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably what Mafields said, I was at my local music shop a couple of weeks ago and did notice that there was a new design to the smaller bottles.
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJCarter wrote:
HALLELUJAH

I'm sorry that your oil of choice is gone, but I have always detested Blue Juice. It reacted poorly with my personal chemistry, and it smells terrible to boot. First Al Cass, now this one..

Same here, Blue Juice is the ONLY oil that worked so badly for me that I had to give my horn a complete bath to get rid of it. I used Al Cass for YEARS because Schilke used to recommend it, probably because it’s so thin it might have worked well with tight Schilke valves, but today Herman’s works best for me. YMMV of course.

Brad
Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few points:

- Matt might be correct about needing to change the bottles. The Ultra Pure and Blue Juice small bottles were changed within the last year.

- One of the local music stores used to have the 8oz bottle, but it was not in stock the last few times I was there. One of the major distributors for Blue Juice for retailers now only carries the 2oz bottle.

- $4.50 is completely reasonable for valve oil. It was $2.50 or $2.99 when I was in junior high, but that was quite some time ago. Get over it.

- Blue Juice has more than just petroleum distillates in there. Which is why...

- I completely agree with above posters about Blue Juice. It's terrible. The detergents in there designed to "clean" the valves and horn gum and gunk up your valves for most people I know. The guys in the local band repair shop also think that as well. When a instrument comes in with Blue Juice in the case, generally that instrument has valve issues.

Now, there are exceptions for instruments and people. I've run into 2 situations were Blue Juice worked well for a person and instrument - as opposed to the several hundred that didn't (I taught band).

Go with Yamaha, Hetman, Ultra Pure. These are excellent oils that last longer, work better, and cause zero issues.
Besson 709 Bb Trumpet
Bach 184L Bb Cornet
Yamaha 731 Bb Flugelhorn
bach_again
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJCarter wrote:
HALLELUJAH

Agreed!! 100%

Michael Barkley Quartet - Portals:
https://michaelbarkley.bandcamp.com/album/portals

The best movie trumpet solo?
https://youtu.be/OnCnTA6toMU
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy Finn wrote:
- $4.50 is completely reasonable for valve oil. It was $2.50 or $2.99 when I was in junior high, but that was quite some time ago. Get over it.

No KIDDING.

And seriously, “ripped off”??? Really?

Having your house or car burglarized, being robbed, being cheated in a business dealing, an internet scam, THAT’S being “ripped off.” Voluntarily purchasing a product is not. Like anything else, if you feel that it’s overpriced, don’t buy it already. Valve oil is not a commodity that’s necessary for basic survival. 🙄

Brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: