• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Blowing bubbles works- next steps?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
buebo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:29 am    Post subject: Blowing bubbles works- next steps? Reply with quote

Hi all,

At PH's suggestion I'm reposting this earlier post I made in the fundamentals forum.

I've recently tried the Bill Adam blowing bubbles exercise (https://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88727&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0), and after doing it my playing becomes twice as free and easy. The difference is incredible and normally my playing never feels like this.

So obviously something about this exercise is fixing a bad habit of mine. As a next step, I'd like to ingrain this type of playing into my normal playing habits, but the challenge is that I'm not sure what exactly is different. And obviously I cannot drag a bucket of water with me everywhere I play.

Does anybody have advice for me what to focus on or how to approach getting into this new way of playing?

My suspicion is actually that perhaps blowing bubbles results in less air restriction at the back of my tongue - I have much less of a "tight throat" feeling.

Hope somebody went through this process and give me a few pointers!

Thanks,
Buebo
Billy B
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next step would be to study with a someone who understands and teaches the concepts as Adam did.

Preferably someone who studied extensively with Bill Adam.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Bill Adam All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: