• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

One more question for air use

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rothman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably most would discount examples of an 11 year old making a claim with no recording to back it up, but it's worth considering MF at this age. A quote from...

"I was just able to play high notes on the trumpet, and I could hit'em at an early age."

Though not definitive, a strong liklihood of those notes sounding pretty full, near forte in a big band.
area51recording
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mohan wrote:
area51recording wrote:
This is the thing that AMAZES me about the horn we play! Take two players, each one with a great sound up to DHC and beyond. Ask player #1, "How in the world do you do that?" He replies, "Well I just do A,B, and C and out it comes". Ask player #2 the same question and he says, "Well, it's just a matter of doing D,E, and F". Both of them are viewing it from 2 different filters, each one applying methodology that the other one might find counter intuitive.....and they are BOTH correct.....

And we've reached the Blind Men Describing An Elephant parable.

https://youtu.be/IEzLfPwl5cg?t=14

Awesome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: