• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

1st ever ITG conference

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> ITG Conferences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject: 1st ever ITG conference Reply with quote

So I have never attended any trumpet/music conference in my 58 years. I have briefly read through the agenda for the 2019 ITG conference. Is this a worthwhile thing for a non-professional/comeback player to attend? Can someone enlighten me on the workings of this conference? Looks like the first thing for comeback players is late Wednesday night - 15 mins? Plenty of horns to try out? Should I attend the entire event - Tue - Sat? How do the fanfare's work? everyone playing?

Bach Strad Artisan Bb
Bach Strad 180S/37 Bb
Bach Strad 238 C
spitvalve
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been to an ITG conference since 1988, but if you have the time and the means to go, do it! It is a blast (literally, if you include the cacophony around the horn dealer's tables). It is a trumpet geek's delight, whether you're a pro or an amateur. Marvelous concerts, both jazz and classical; workshops and presentations from pro players, hanging out and talking shop with all kinds of trumpeters, and the opportunity to try and/or buy all kinds of new horns and mouthpieces and accessories. What's not to like?
JMWTpt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject: 1st ever ITG conference Reply with quote

Suggest you attend as many days as you can. I used Tuesday as a travel and registration day, arriving for late day events. Attend the morning warm-up sessions; they are very instructive. I didn't find it very useful to test horns because the noise level in the vendors' hall was too great, but it gave me ideas on what to pursue locally. The manufacturers were very helpful on questions. Everyone is cordial. Afterhours, the jazz sessions are fantastic. It is really worth the trip. If you can, I suggest staying through Saturday.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> ITG Conferences All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: