• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bach Stradivarius 72

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tajmozach1898

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, they're sold. I'm out. I've read plenty on this site and it seems to be a ton of toxicity. We're trumpeters, not vocalists.
Kanstul 920 Custom Class
LSOfanboy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tajmozach1898 wrote:
By the way, they're sold. I'm out. I've read plenty on this site and it seems to be a ton of toxicity. We're trumpeters, not vocalists.

Sounds like a job well done!

'they're sold. I'm out.' Pretty much sums up the purpose of, and your interest in, this thread doesn't it...
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this time we should cut the OP a little slack here. He didn't just write 5 merit-less posts and then run to list in the Marketplace. And he didn't even specifically mention he was selling the horns in any of his posts (Butch figured that out). Yes, on the face of it, writing that one is enjoying both horns all the while attempting to sell both horns makes for a bit of a dichotomy, but then again, I've sold horns I liked and had not lost interest in, because I wanted/needed the money (at this moment I'm fondly remembering that 1947 French Besson Meha I let go of several years back - and trying to remember what I spent the $2950 I got for it on!).

To the OP: We've been burned here many times by people who create 5 posts - usually topic starters where they ask short, disingenuous questions about various aspects of playing or equipment, and then in good faith, a bunch of us will take the time to reply, often creating long, descriptive posts in efforts to help the person - only to realize after the fact that it was just another 5 posts and straight to the Marketplace type jerk.

Good luck with the sales and congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

Best wishes,

John Mohan
Ex LA Studio Musician
16 Year Claude Gordon Student
loweredsixth
Heavyweight Member

Location: Fresno, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys got this wrong, and in your excitement in “busting” a bad guy, you’ve run off yet another trumpet player from this site.
LSOfanboy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loweredsixth wrote:
I think you guys got this wrong, and in your excitement in “busting” a bad guy, you’ve run off yet another trumpet player from this site.

Personally I think the evidence was pretty damning, not sure why people are trying to defend it.
loweredsixth
Heavyweight Member

Location: Fresno, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LSOfanboy wrote:
loweredsixth wrote:

Personally I think the evidence was pretty damning, not sure why people are trying to defend it.

There’s almost no evidence at all. And what is there is only damning to someone who assumes the worst in people.
Dale Proctor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now, back to our regular programming...

I've owned both a 37 and a couple 43 belled Bachs, and I prefer the 43. I've played the same one (a 1976 model) for about 35 years and still love it. Unless you play some sort of extreme trumpet/mouthpiece setup that's way out of the norm, blending is accomplished by listening and playing accordingly, not by the equipment you use.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all need to remember that there are plenty of trolls on any website. Our trolls seem to appear anytime we get a new member who wants to sell in the marketplace.

Unfortunately the newbies seem to take offense when attacked. Go figure.
Ed Kennedy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Bach Stradivarius 72 Reply with quote

dr_trumpet wrote:

......I know many used 72* bell Bach Bbs in the studios in New York in the 70s. I am not sure if that is still the case. I also know that Allen Vizzutti used a 72* bell on an album of his that I own............. PAL

They were using them in the '60's as well: Bernie Glow, Al Stewart, Danny Stiles and more. Wayne Bergeron was playing one before he went to the Kanstul WB.
LSOfanboy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say; I'm fairly shocked by some people's attitude here- leaping to the defence of a new member who had made 6 posts (most of which, if you read, were pretty insubstantial) before starting another short thread to talk about what good trumpets the 43 and 72 Bachs are, whilst simultaneously using their new marketplace access to add (oh guess what?) a 43 and 72 Bach. The final post 'They're sold. I'm out' pretty much sums it up...

It perplexes me that some members here (who rarely contribute much else) want to nobly defend this brand new 'member', who sees Trumpet Herald as little more than 'Trumpet Ebay', and claim that some of the longer term members here (those with enough sense to smell a rat) are 'trolls' despite the fact that several of us (including me) have invested a great deal of time in this site to encourage discussion, support younger members and offer genuine advice and experience.

Anyone who wants to start calling me a 'troll' should look at my record supporting some of the new channels released on this site, and some of the new members looking for genuine serious answers to their trumpet playing issues. Its ironic, when posts appear from these serious trumpeters, they so often are left virtually unnoticed and it can start to feel like I'm one of the few people active here who actually has an interest in the trumpet and trumpet music or pedagogy. I can say for a fact that I haven't seen any of the 'troll-slayers' above getting involved in supporting or discussing new players, videos, channels, tutorials, compositions, ensembles or personalities. Perhaps the perception of this site is that its really just a marketplace, and I'm the one in the wrong place, but that would be a terrible shame.

All the best
maynard-46
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:51 am    Post subject: Bach Stradivarius 72 Reply with quote

+ 1!!!
TRUMPE: SCHILKE B7 / Legends .585 "CatMaster" Top / KT "RT1" BB / Reeves #5.75 Sleeve.
FLUGELHORN: ADAMS Custom "F1" / Legends .585 "CatMaster FL.
tajmozach

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loweredsixth wrote:
LSOfanboy wrote:
loweredsixth wrote:

There’s almost no evidence at all. And what is there is only damning to someone who assumes the worst in people.

Thanks. This is true. I have two degrees in music and teach trumpet studies for 20 hours a week after working an entirely separate full time job as a public school instrument repair technician. I love trumpet and respect most who share my interests.
I'm a "newbie" because I've only recently posted/replied in the forums here. I've read several posts but haven't relied because frankly there wasn't much for me to say.
If I have trouble with an aspect of trumpet playing, I either consult a former teacher....or practice it out on my own instead of going to an internet forum and taking advice from people I don't know.

The reason I'm out is because of the toxicity of some of the members who seem to have more time for forum arguments than they do for practicing.

Last edited by tajmozach on Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
omelet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appeared to be a buzz generating tactic. Companies pay PR firms to do this all the time for new products etc. It is not hard to see how it can be viewed in that way. Having a little cynicism is needed in this day and age, sad but true. People are always selling you on something, and sometimes will be as sneaky as they can to convince you to buy it. If that wasn't the case, then that's great, but you won't convince anyone that's the case by criticizing their suspicions.
But.. the topic is here, and the horns are gone. I have played a standard weight 72 for years. I love the sound of it. No problems in a section. Great valve action and construction, plays in tune. It's also Not for sale!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: