• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Custom Mute Makers?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpet_cop
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject: Custom Mute Makers? Reply with quote

Good evening.

There are plenty of custom Instrument and mouthpiece makers out in the world, and aside from the fine folks making mutes out of wood are there any mute makers experimenting with other materials? How about anyone able to reproduce mutes or help create a design supplied?

Just curious.
Good Ol' Boy ID#3624360
Uberopa
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered the Soulo line of mutes? I have three so far, the Soulotone, straight and cup. I am using a Best Brass aluminum Harmon right now but hope to try the new Soulo one . If it is as good as the others I can't wait. Interesting and well thought out designs with use of quality materials. I have no vested interest just a desire to own some really good sounding mutes with bang on intonation.
They seem to be open to new ideas so why not call them with your concept.
Didymus
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Mute Makers? Reply with quote

trumpet_cop wrote:
Good evening.

There are plenty of custom Instrument and mouthpiece makers out in the world, and aside from the fine folks making mutes out of wood are there any mute makers experimenting with other materials? How about anyone able to reproduce mutes or help create a design supplied?

Just curious.

You mean, a ShapeWays (www.shapeways.com) service specifically for brass instrument mutes?
trumpet_cop
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: Custom Mute Makers? Reply with quote

Didymus wrote:
trumpet_cop wrote:
Good evening.

Just curious.

You mean, a ShapeWays (www.shapeways.com) service specifically for brass instrument mutes?

I guess so. Also, I'm not sure if you're actually suggesting them or not, but they might be worth looking in to if they can 3D print something that looks more solid. A lot of 3D printed things I see look like you can see the lines.

Soulo mutes are great! Love their straight mute and also want to get a harmon from them. I think they're busy doing their own thing though.
Good Ol' Boy ID#3624360
Didymus
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Custom Mute Makers? Reply with quote

trumpet_cop wrote:
Didymus wrote:
trumpet_cop wrote:
Good evening.

Just curious.

I guess so. Also, I'm not sure if you're actually suggesting them or not, but they might be worth looking in to if they can 3D print something that looks more solid. A lot of 3D printed things I see look like you can see the lines.

Soulo mutes are great! Love their straight mute and also want to get a harmon from them. I think they're busy doing their own thing though.

I wasn't suggesting them so much as I was trying to verify exactly what you were asking for.

IMO, services like Shapeways are great for those interested in creating prototypes without buying an expensive 3D printer. Shapeways will print out your design in various metal alloys and newer carbon fiber materials if your willing to pay the extra money.

I'm unsure if the trumpet gadget market is large enough to support a Shapeways-like service vendor dedicated to creating custom mutes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: