• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Leadpipe method with 5 octave result

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
feedback@stomvi-usa
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject: Leadpipe method with 5 octave result Reply with quote

Take a look at Javier Gonzales and what his lead pipe method has enabled him to achieve.

Link

https://stomvi-usa.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/stomviusavideo
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stomvi-USA/106129483617
https://twitter.com/Stomvi_USA
888-702-7277
bear30101

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!
Please Sir, may we have some more?
veery715
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it was the same gentleman who demonstrated a full scale without any fingerings.
LSOfanboy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely amazing playing!!

Love seeing videos like this.

All the best
cgaiii
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting. Thanks for posting, would love to see a little more.
Bb Bugle: Kanstul
Bb Pocket: Manchester Brass
Flugel: Taylor Standard
Bass Trumpet: BAC Custom
Natural Tr: Custom Haas replica by Nikolai Mänttäri Morales
Trumpetingbynurture
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link
JoseLindE4
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great player.

His leadpipe approach seems similar in conception to Ghitalla. I haven't watched all of the videos. Does he have any connection to Ghitalla?
Robert P
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wondering about that big smile stretch he does for the highest notes. Is he able to pick off notes and sustain them ala lead playing like that?
Bundy
Chinese C

Getzen Eterna Bb/A piccolo
Chinese Rotary Bb/A piccolo

Chinese Flugel
Trumpetingbynurture
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert P wrote:
Wondering about that big smile stretch he does for the highest notes. Is he able to pick off notes and sustain them ala lead playing like that?

In a word - yes:

Link

Link
LSOfanboy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert P wrote:

Yes- Stomvi also put up another clip of a fanfare for 5 trumpets (recorded by 3 players). Javier picks out a mad double C at the end in exactly the way you describe
vwag
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is unbelievably hard.
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About as impressive as it gets! Wow!!!!!!!!!
oxleyk
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwag wrote:
That is unbelievably hard.

I'm convinced that Javier is not human but a strange visitor from another planet who came to earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men.
cjl
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

feedback@stomvi-usa wrote:
Take a look at Javier Gonzales and what his lead pipe method has enabled him to achieve.

Has his leadpipe method enabled him to do this or does his ability enable him to do his leadpipe method?

This is an honest question; my intent is not to cast any aspersions at all -- he is clearly a phenomenal artist.

Specifically -- why is forcing the leadpipe to behave outside its acoustical boundaries a good exercise? Same question with the trumpet - what benefit is it to play a scale without fingerings?

Do you gain embouchure strength by forcing the instrument/leadpipe outside its natural, acoustical boundaries?

I will also readily admit that: I have only watched the first video so perhaps I need to view the others; after 40 yrs of playing, I barely have a Arban-book range myself.

-- Joe
HERMOKIWI
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cjl wrote:

Has his leadpipe method enabled him to do this or does his ability enable him to do his leadpipe method?

This is an honest question; my intent is not to cast any aspersions at all -- he is clearly a phenomenal artist.

Specifically -- why is forcing the leadpipe to behave outside its acoustical boundaries a good exercise? Same question with the trumpet - what benefit is it to play a scale without fingerings?

Do you gain embouchure strength by forcing the instrument/leadpipe outside its natural, acoustical boundaries?

I will also readily admit that: I have only watched the first video so perhaps I need to view the others; after 40 yrs of playing, I barely have a Arban-book range myself.

-- Joe

What's going on here is not so much range development as it is getting in touch with your embouchure. How many players are 100% conscious of what their embouchure is doing and what it feels like 100% of the time? I can see that these exercises make you consciously connect with your embouchure and what it feels like so that you can learn to focus on that in all ranges of the instrument.

Most of us just blow into the instrument and when it works we really don't pay much attention to the details of how it feels when it works. Here the player is consciously overcoming natural harmonics and training his embouchure to do the things the player wants his embouchure to do and, further, is training himself to be 100% conscious of what it feels like to achieve that goal. Instead of "the tail wagging the dog" this player is aware of what it feels like for the "dog to wag the tail."

This is an outstanding lesson in embouchure control and how it can be trained and utilized to control results. Genuinely brilliant.
Trumpetingbynurture
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cjl wrote:

-- Joe

He did say in the interview with Jon Ruff that it added an octave to his range and that he could do it initially.
cjl
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERMOKIWI wrote:
What's going on here is not so much range development as it is getting in touch with your embouchure. How many players are 100% conscious of what their embouchure is doing and what it feels like 100% of the time? I can see that these exercises make you consciously connect with your embouchure and what it feels like so that you can learn to focus on that in all ranges of the instrument.

Most of us just blow into the instrument and when it works we really don't pay much attention to the details of how it feels when it works. Here the player is consciously overcoming natural harmonics and training his embouchure to do the things the player wants his embouchure to do and, further, is training himself to be 100% conscious of what it feels like to achieve that goal. Instead of "the tail wagging the dog" this player is aware of what it feels like for the "dog to wag the tail."

This is an outstanding lesson in embouchure control and how it can be trained and utilized to control results. Genuinely brilliant.

That's a great reply and I really appreciate it. Major food for thought.
Thanks!
-- Joe
Trompette111

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Is so good I almost not believe. There is nothing he can not play!
x9ret
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very interesting. I will give this a try.
Rowan33

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Leadpipe method with 5 octave result Reply with quote

This lead pipe method has helped me lots. I started regular middle range with my private teacher. I then use this tips and has helped with resonance and range. Very smart guy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: