• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Quivering Lip

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
revmklyons

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

read this thread b/c I was having the same issue. No quiver up high, strong high F on pivot stabolizer, no prob, but quivering down low. Tried more pressure down low all around, thinking about the weight being on bottom lip. Really seems to help! and is a breakthrough for me.
Praise the Lord for this forum!
Doug Elliott
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, quivering or shaking especially in the low range, is usually a sign of a "floating" embouchure with no solidity. Firm contact and the "Four Legs" as described by Reinhardt is necessary in all ranges.

Chris LaBarbera once said (in a thread here) that you should use as much mouthpiece pressure on a low C as you do for a high C.

"Four Legs" is the secure balanced feeling produced by using the right pressure WHERE and WHEN you need it, combined with firm corners, a pucker OUTSIDE of the mouthpiece (not inside or under it), and using your correct pivot and jaw manipulation.
Paul T.
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So true!

I've been working on focusing the "pucker" and mouthpiece in the (extreme) lower register, and when I get it just right, it helps me connect the entire range with so much more facility and consistency... it makes playing easy and reliable like nothing else.
Brian Lassiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note, in case somebody comes in to look...the original post contains the key phrase of being fatigued when the shaking occurs. Rest a while and come back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: