• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Pretty impressive playing...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LSOfanboy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject: Pretty impressive playing... Reply with quote

Hi,

Just saw that GR mouthpieces shared this video, I think its some impressive playing from a player I hadn't heard of before.

And unless I'm very much mistaken, that building behind looks a lot like the Barbican centre, home of the LSO!

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/j94TaakHeVE
liscagle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video
auswa84

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Video!
Trompette111

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This man also record Marvel fanfare! Now I see he is not finding that so difficult! He is very top player!
Trumpetingbynurture
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: Pretty impressive playing... Reply with quote

LSOfanboy wrote:
Hi,

Just saw that GR mouthpieces shared this video, I think its some impressive playing from a player I hadn't heard of before.

And unless I'm very much mistaken, that building behind looks a lot like the Barbican centre, home of the LSO!

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/j94TaakHeVE

He is a member here and has posted some clips before. Very fine player!
gabriel127
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This appears to be the same guy who posted a video of himself holding out a high G (or double G as some would call it).

That's quite an interesting embouchure. His horn angle points decidedly downward and the placement of the mouthpiece is quite low.

Just kinda proves that there is no set way for teachers to prescribe to students. Everyone's physical structure is different, thus different things are going to work for different people. I could never play that way. When I place my mouthpiece that low, it feels like the outside diameter of the bottom part of the rim is touching my chin. It boggles my mind how he can play that way. But it works for him, so more power to him.

Only thing is, I thought it was an interesting choice for him to post a video of himself holding out a high G for an extended period of time, while Bill Carmichael has already far exceeded that by posting a video of an extended double C a long time ago.

Link
Trompette111

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gabriel127 wrote:
This appears to be the same guy who posted a video of himself holding out a high G (or double G as some would call it).

That's quite an interesting embouchure. His horn angle points decidedly downward and the placement of the mouthpiece is quite low.

Just kinda proves that there is no set way for teachers to prescribe to students. Everyone's physical structure is different, thus different things are going to work for different people. I could never play that way. When I place my mouthpiece that low, it feels like the outside diameter of the bottom part of the rim is touching my chin. It boggles my mind how he can play that way. But it works for him, so more power to him.

Only thing is, I thought it was an interesting choice for him to post a video of himself holding out a high G for an extended period of time, while Bill Carmichael has already far exceeded that by posting a video of an extended double C a long time ago.

Link

I think it is magic embouchure!

I find his '25 second double G' video, it is amazing! It's two times length of that double C video!!
deleted_user_34face8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tristanfrank

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty impressive.
Trompette111

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Brain wrote:
Hi,

I hadn't noticed this thread before!

Thanks LSOfanboy for sharing the video and thank you to all other members who have commented too! I really do appreciate the feedback and warm words!

Gabriel127, I can respond directly to your post:

Personally I have never regarded my embouchure as particularly strange looking. Have you seen all the other videos on the channel and would you still say that the mouthpiece placement/angle is interesting?

I entirely agree with your comment that there is no 'perfect embouchure' and we should play in a manner that feels easiest and produces the best results, regardless of the appearance.

Regarding the 25 second high G video; that clip was very much 'unplanned' and came about when having a bit of a laugh with some friends, they ended up getting the camera and we recorded 3 attempts back-to-back (each one lasted exactly the same length of time, 27 seconds, and we decided it probably wasn't sensible to push it any further). When we agreed to post the video the intention was never to be a world-beater, as it happens my lung capacity is fairly average and so, ultimately, any player with a similar level of efficiency but larger lung capacity will trounce me any day of the week! Really we just thought it was quite a funny clip and might provoke some discussion. After a number of requests, I am planning to release a 'high note tips' tutorial video quite soon, and the G video (and perhaps a new 'long high note' video too) will help to serve as a support for some of the less-conventional concepts.

Thanks very much for your time and the interesting discussion.

That is so cool! Thank you for your reply. Do you us natural embouchure or you use a special method?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Video/audio All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: