• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

enquiry concerning cases

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingSilverSonic
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Reunion Blues leather triple case that works well for one horn and mutes and other stuff. I always handle it very carefully because as laurent states it does not have a hard shell.

Lawler C7
Burbank Benge C
Calicchio 1s/2
King Symphony 20 DB and Silver Sonic Cornet
Lawler flugelhorn
Member: Bugles Across America
Linda

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: case Reply with quote

[quote="david mickley"]why not put your tuning bell trumpet in a bag before putting in the case that way you pull on the bag and not the bell when removing the horn? just a thought from an old geezer.[/quote]

This appears a very sensible idea. I have just the bag in mind. If necessary, I will use that-it used to house a handbag.

The listed agent in Australia, of "Torpedo" do not have in stock and it will take a month to obtain, the single trumpet 2012 torpedo outlaw case with Chuckawalla option. I have purchased from the USA manufacturer.

Kind regards Linda.
zaferis
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had good luck with Pro Tec.. and really like the newer trumpet double case.. not quite as sturdy as the Torpedo bags but not the cost either.
Retired Air Force Bandsman
kanemania
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Schilke. I use ProTec cases, a single and a double. They have plenty of room for mutes and music. And I can't imagine anything, short of a herd of berserk elephants, that could wreck those cases.
plankowner110
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Trumpet Herald, Linda. I use the ProTec contoured single trumpet case for my Schilke B1. It has a hard shell and is very well made. I carry mutes, K&M stands, light, etc. in a separate bag (in fact it is a pistol/ammo soft-sided bag that looks similar to the trumpet case.)

http://www.protecmusic.com/items.aspx?ProductID=238&InstrumentID=38&InstrumentGroupID=1&CategoryID=2&subCategoryID=7
https://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26763
laurent
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plankowner110 wrote:
I use the ProTec contoured single trumpet case for my Schilke B1. It has a hard shell and is very well made. I carry mutes, K&M stands, light, etc. in a separate bag (in fact it is a pistol/ammo soft-sided bag that looks similar to the trumpet case.)

http://www.protecmusic.com/items.aspx?ProductID=238&InstrumentID=38&InstrumentGroupID=1&CategoryID=2&subCategoryID=7

About the same for me with my Protec pb301 slim line - ...although it's not that slim in reality!
This case is very protective, well made and well designed, I love it!
But in the bus, I have to say that the Reunion Blues Continental Single Case is really easier to carry!

Bb Trumpets: Courtois Évolution IV, Stomvi Forte,
Buescher T-120, HT3.
Mpcs: Monette B2s3, Kanstul M-B2.
Flugel: H.Bagué (Yam 631 clone in red brass).
Mpcs: Curry FL & FLD.
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: case Reply with quote

Linda wrote:
david mickley wrote:
why not put your tuning bell trumpet in a bag before putting in the case that way you pull on the bag and not the bell when removing the horn? just a thought from an old geezer.

This appears a very sensible idea. I have just the bag in mind. If necessary, I will use that-it used to house a handbag.

The listed agent in Australia, of "Torpedo" do not have in stock and it will take a month to obtain, the single trumpet 2012 torpedo outlaw case with Chuckawalla option. I have purchased from the USA manufacturer.

Kind regards Linda.

I'm not sure if the bag idea will work. The padding of the Torpedos holds the horn pretty snug, I think sliding it in and out in a cloth bag might be difficult; with the cloth of the bag rubbing against the fabric of the padding. But I also do not think the Torpedo poses any risk to the tuning bell, maybe just be a bit careful putting the horn in and removing it.

Brad361
Linda

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Cases for Schilke B6L Reply with quote

Dear subscribers

My torpedo outlaw with "chuckawaller"(goodness knows what that means) has arrived here-across the world and in perfect condition. I am now waiting for the trumpet to arrive.

I am very pleased. I have downloaded from i tunes all the Glenn Miller, Krupa, Gillespie and Brubeck that I could and played along with those from the charts I possess from 23 years ago as best as possible. We don't the band culture you have in the USA in our schools here. I had the benefit of it for one year in an exceptionally rare environment, but then was moved by my upwardly mobile parents to a private exclusive girls school that had more emphasis on my ability and future to marry a grazier than being in music (unless it was the pianoforte). I was such a disappointment to my father....anyway, I have resumed my pechant to make unladylike loud noises and to leave unbecoming mouthpiece shaped marks on my lips totally unrelated to the carefully shaven whiskerburn that my parents would otherwise have joyfully expected! Thankyou again for your assistance and partnership in my crime against upbringing. Linda
Comeback
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delightful post, Linda. We will be interested in hearing more about your "...pechant to make unladylike loud noises and to leave unbecoming mouthpiece shaped marks on my lips..,.".
Jim
Dale Proctor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laurent wrote:
...Only real drawback in my opinion, if you want to carry mutes and music you'll need to do it separately.

But is it really a problem?...

It's a problem for me. I hate carrying a bunch of other bags in addition to a trumpet case. I carry my trumpet & cornet in a Protec triple, and use the 3rd space for mutes and whatever. The side pocket on it is large enough to fit a full-size music folder. To each his own, I suppose.
Taallyn

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale Proctor wrote:
laurent wrote:
...Only real drawback in my opinion, if you want to carry mutes and music you'll need to do it separately.

But is it really a problem?...

It's a problem for me. I hate carrying a bunch of other bags in addition to a trumpet case. I carry my trumpet & cornet in a Protec triple, and use the 3rd space for mutes and whatever. The side pocket on it is large enough to fit a full-size music folder. To each his own, I suppose.

I do the same thing, Dale. A Protec Triple case holding both a Bb trumpet & a cornet with the third slot holding my straight, cup, and Harmon mutes, two floor stands and other doo-dads. Music goes in the outer pocket. It is so nice to put everything in the one bag that sometimes it feels like I am forgetting something, simply because I am not lugging a bunch of other stuff around.
Linda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou everyone. It has been 5 years since my purchase of the Torpedo Outlaw case for the Shilke B6L with tuning bell. I bought it in pink. Although my usage has been sporadic but more recently, the Torpedo Outlaw has been very supportive and protective. It even holds the trumpet upside down if you by mistake pick it up the wrong way (something I terrifyingly found out the other day when I carried it (whilst I was sick with a fever, tired and it was late on a school night and not myself). I almost had a heart attack but the case saved my precious trumpet -for which I cannot speak more highly. It was akin to putting your trumpet in a hard case and not closing the locks. The case has caused the silver plate to wear on the tuning bell closest to the mouthpiece though. It carries 4 mutes plus my wallet and phone plus mouthpieces. It fits behind me when I play because it is cylindrical and vertical. I am so enjoying playing again-even though I still find top C almost impossible. Thankyou to all.
mrhappy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to see someone check back and report after some long term usage!
Dink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject: Case Reply with quote

Check out the Edwards carbon fiber double/ single and carried stuff
5 lbs empty and has straps if you wish to sling it
Not cheap but worth it
Getzen 895S Flugelhorn
LeBlanc Bobby Harriott Model
My. Vernon Bach Mercury Model
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: