• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Jon Faddis and Bill Charlap at Keystone Korner, Baltimore

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dr_jay

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: Jon Faddis and Bill Charlap at Keystone Korner, Baltimore Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

Just got back from a completely unexpected jazz set in Baltimore at the new venue Keystone Corner. Jon Faddis and Bill Charlap (piano) duo. What a great concert in a very nice, new club! To be honest, I've been to a few small venue concerts in the past 10 years, but only one other jazz set: Keyon Harrold at Blues Alley in DC a few months ago, which was outstanding. I saw Maynard in the 70's, and then no live jazz performances until this past year, when I took up playing again a few months ago.

I saw this event in my email 2 days ago, and bought tickets on impulse. I think I'm hooked on live jazz... I've had a few Faddis albums, but when I saw he was coming nearby, how could I pass it up? Got to shake hands with the man, and exchange a few words after the set. "Practice very quietly!", he said several times, after I mentioned I had taken up trumpet again after 39 years. Very gracious guy!

Jay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: