• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Stork Vacchiano 1 1/4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trompette229
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject: Stork Vacchiano 1 1/4 Reply with quote

Hello,
I played on a Vacchiano 1 for many yers and loved it but it was a touch too big. Now that Stork has a Vacchiano 1 1/4 in their line up, does anyone know exactly what to order to get the same parameters but in this diameter?

I ask as the Vacchiano 1 has a larger throat and different cup when it's stock compared to the Vacchiano 2,3,5 etc. to the best of my knowledge
Thanks
veery715
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can simply call Phyllis at Stork and she will explain everything. She knows more about mouthpieces than just about anyone anywhere. And she is a monster player as well.
O00Joe
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Order from largest diameter to smallest - Vacchiano line: 1.5, 1, 1.25, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7

Not sure why it's done this way, I imagine it has something to do with the actual rim shapes. The only one I am familiar with personally is the Vacchiano 4 (equivalent to Studio Master 6). It's basically the same as a Bach 5 with a little extra width.

As far as I know, the only difference between these are the diameter and rim shape. A 1C should have the same depth and throat size as a 1.5C, 1.25C, 2C, 3C, etc. These parameters are customizable and are indicated in the labeling. These elements include the cup depth/shape (B+, B, C+, C, D+, D, E+, E), throat size (28, 27, 26, 25), and backbore (T, B, C, D, E). If throat and backbore aren't indicated they default to 27 and B respectively.

Not sure if you've read up on the website, it does a good job explaining things.
Akai MPC Live II
Roland JD-Xi
Casio MT-68
Ed Kennedy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veery715 wrote:
You can simply call Phyllis at Stork and she will explain everything. She knows more about mouthpieces than just about anyone anywhere. And she is a monster player as well.

What he said.
trompette229
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed Kennedy wrote:
veery715 wrote:

What he said.

Yes, sound advice. Go to the source.
epoustoufle
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O00Joe wrote:
Order from largest diameter to smallest - Vacchiano line: 1.5, 1, 1.25, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7

Not sure why it's done this way, I imagine it has something to do with the actual rim shapes.

The Schilke 14c2 was originally the V model, named after Vacchiano. It's much larger than the straight 14 (Bach 1.5C size). Also has a sharp inner bite and slightly shallow C cup, which works great... for a while then I find my face contorting to overcome the vast diameter. I've not tried any of the Stork line up. Presumably the rim and cup would match the Schilke but you never know!?! Might have to order one to see.
johntpt
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would want to order a 1.25B with a 25 throat and a D backbore.

JU
trompette229
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
Phyllis Stork said the appropriate mouthpiece equivalent would have these specs but with the B backbore
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: