• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

delete

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctw0611

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject: delete Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by ctw0611 on Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:16 am; edited 2 times in total
mfisher

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was in high school and got my braces taken off (the day of a big band concert... but that’s another story), the thing that helped the most was starting to study with a private teacher.

And now, having gone through that experience myself, I’ve helped dozens of my own students transition to/from braces.
bhornFree

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: Braces Off Reply with quote

ctw0611 wrote:
Hi all,

I recently got my braces off and would like to correct/reset my embouchure (before my braces were off my embouchure was extremely low on my face). Does anyone have any good exercises to help with this? Thank you!

I would second finding a teacher, at least for a little while.

I did see a great suggestion here: if you can, take a couple weeks off from playing altogether to lose a little bit of your "go to" embouchure which you used with the braces.

Otherwise, low and slow. Long tones and slurs in the lower range, get things set there first before expanding (and establish that as a routine, daily goals, weekly goals). The instinct is to panic and pursue a high range aggressively. The injuries and bad habits from that can take a long time to fix.

Finally, this has been an often discussed topic here. I would spend some time searching the forums and take the advice you can, especially if you can't get a teacher.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: