• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New Callet mouthpiece - SC1ss

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shakuhachi
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lex.

Yesterday I got a used TCE 3 Custom mouthpiece (Bhab Civiletti). I was looking for a rim id around .600 which will correspond with my latest cornet mouthpiece Bach MT Vernon 12B which is around .600 too.

These rims seem to fit very well in id and inner rim contour.

In comparison to my Callet X5 the TCE 3 has a more pronounced inner rim edge and a flatter and wider rim but near identical id. The bore/throat seem to be most identical small around #29.

TCE 3 Custom is a great mouthpiece and definitely not a copy of the X5. I will give it a couple of days to say more about....
shakuhachi
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...OK I will do some extra post about my experiences regarding comparison of Callet X5 (vintage) vs TCE 3 Custom (Civiletti) because this thread goes for 1SS.....

...anyway the specs of 1SS seem to fit my setup as well. But the flatness and wideness of the rim I see in the pics may be not comfortable to me: they look close to the TCE 3 configuration I have experienced...

Double cup is a great feature as well as I experienced on other pieces but not sure to strive for.

If you like see my post about Callet X5 vs Civiletti TCE 3...
deejaymushone

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject: 1ss Reply with quote

Digging this now historical thread .... the 1ss is now my “deep” pc for when I want a darker tone, or am getting tired. Otherwise - the 1sb. Just got my 1st 1sc today from Yumiko - looking fwd to see how it feels/plays ....
194x Vega Power Special
1939 Rudy Muck Dual Bore
1946 Blessing Super Artist
1955 Paris Selmer 25
www.youtube.com/deejaymushone www.facebook.com/topshottaband
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: