• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Knock-off cases

View previous topic :: View next topic  
epoustoufle
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject: Knock-off cases Reply with quote

I bought a brand new trumpet case recently - a name brand - from a popular website and it turned out to be complete garbage. It didn't even close properly, which would be the first requirement you'd think.

I raised a complaint and it was instantly accepted with no return of the old caseand no photos requested of the defects. The new case arrived promptly and it is superior in every way - different latches, better fitting, smaller, more "heft" and solid.

The two cases side by side are similar and have the same sticker brand name on them. The second one came with a Chinese QA (quality assurance) label on the inside. It's got me wondering... the first one was obviously a knock-off passed on as the real thing. It makes me wonder about the 2nd one - I mean, it seems decent quality but what do I know?

Questions:
1) Do I report selling of probable knock-off gear?
2) How do I even know I've got the real thing now?

In many ways I have liked cheapness of no-brand stuff for many things (mechanical & electrical parts, computers) but when I need to depend on something and spend good money I want to know I can trust it.
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Knock-off cases Reply with quote

epoustoufle wrote:

Questions:
1) Do I report selling of probable knock-off gear?
2) How do I even know I've got the real thing now?

In many ways I have liked cheapness of no-brand stuff for many things (mechanical & electrical parts, computers) but when I need to depend on something and spend good money I want to know I can trust it.

I can’t imagine, what with the high dollar items that are routinely being counterfeited (Rolex, Louis Vuitton, etc.) that a counterfeit horn case will raise many eyebrows, if in fact the first one was.

And, unfortunately, you probably DON’T know if what you have now is legitimate, but if it seems well made, that’s probably all you can hope for in this situation.

Brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: