• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Ugly trumpet cases

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaveTrumpetWillTravel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:50 pm    Post subject: Ugly trumpet cases Reply with quote

I have a Cleveland Superior Cornet I bought over the summer that I like pretty well. It came with a truly ugly case--faux wood and black pleather, where on one side the pleather has come off and the faux wood is peeling to reveal the particle board underneath.

I'm just curious if anyone has had any luck improving their vintage ugly cases. Anything I can think of sounds horrible: duck tape, contact paper, spray paint, etc. I'm wondering if there's anything like foam tape or something fabric that might make it better. Probably deluding myself, but thought I would ask...
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could create, or have a seamstress create, a cover for the case. The materials shouldn’t cost much and I would think a seamstress, or maybe upholsterer (sp?), could make in in an hour or so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: