• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

NTC Scott Belck and Stephen Campbell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john4860

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject: NTC Scott Belck and Stephen Campbell Reply with quote

URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg-FUqnJj5g
URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJw0stPSq9M

These are two excellent, informative, inspirational and very humorous sessions with these two experts.
Dayton
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing these videos!
john4860

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing Scott Belck mentions in his masterclass is the importance of rest. He makes the analogy that if people worked out at a gym (lifting weights) the way many trumpet players practice people would be leaving the gym in an ambulance. I can certainly relate to that! Many times I have picked the trumpet up and just started playing pretty much non-stop for a few minutes then rest a few seconds then play indiscriminately for another few minutes then rest for a few seconds until after about 20 minutes I am absolutely spent.

He also stresses the importance of playing softly.

So...I've been taking his advice, resting more than I play, playing softly and continuing only if I feel fresh, in this manner I am able to play cleanly and accurately and I feel that I am accomplishing my goals much easier.

Try resting more than you think you should and playing softly, you might be surprised how much better you can actually play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: