• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bob Reeves podcast

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BedfordTrumpeter
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Bob Reeves podcast Reply with quote

Hey folks,

I'm really enjoying a podcast series from Bob Reeves: "The Other Side of the Bell". Certainly worth a listen. They've done in-depth interviews with David Bilger and Malcolm McNab, among others. I haven't listened to this month's episode (Harry Kim) yet. Saving it for the drive to a gig later this week.

Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/other-side-bell-trumpet-podcast/id624066041
jadickson
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

subscribed.
ListeningFromTheBackRow
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool! I would have never thought to even look for this. I know what I'm listening to on my way home from work today.
Kimberly
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to the Harry Kim interview. Great clip!
Thank you so much!
Kimberly
so what
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: Bob Reeves podcast Reply with quote

BedfordTrumpeter wrote:
Hey folks,

I'm really enjoying a podcast series from Bob Reeves: "The Other Side of the Bell". Certainly worth a listen. They've done in-depth interviews with David Bilger and Malcolm McNab, among others. I haven't listened to this month's episode (Harry Kim) yet. Saving it for the drive to a gig later this week.

Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/other-side-bell-trumpet-podcast/id624066041

The Bob Reeves / John Snell podcasts "The Other Side of the Bell" are fascinating to hear. I've been listening to them on the train while commuting to work. (It sure beats driving.)

These podcasts are really a gem of the internet. Each one is full of interesting insights from great trumpet players. It is great to hear them talking about making music and about trumpet playing. It adds to my appreciation of each of the players. John Snell does a fantastic job of getting them to talk, asking just enough to get them going. There are interviews with all kinds of trumpet players, and they are all interesting.

If you are interested in playing trumpet, or even if you are interested in the world of music but play something else, you shouldn't miss this incredible treasure trove. If you are working to make a living making music, there is a lot of advice and experiences talked through here that would help, I think.

Thanks to John Snell and Bob Reeves for doing this !!!
ertatta
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Tom Stevens podcast is priceless! thanku Bob Reeves and staff for this treasure
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Recordings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: