• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Blowing out the side of my mouth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Freedman
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been practicing Drozdoff peel-aways( play the note, pull the horn away and maintain the buzz) along with Carmine Caruso stuff. Now my range is popping up suddenly - I can get to a double C. The new notes are not "brassy" or centered but they are real notes, they slot into the harmonic series ( although they do pop around ). They are getting stronger but I find myself with the mouthpiece way out the left side of my mouth. My upper lip has a big floppy triangle hanging down so I probably cannot really play on the center but this way left position feels strange...

Jerry Freedman,Jr
Emb_Enh
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

get yerself to a good teacher to have a look...playing to the side ain't no biggie! [mF /Faddis etc.. etc...]....but you don't want to lose the maximum efficiency by going too far...

whats' too far?.....don't know...no one will until you get somebody competent to look at it!!....great that your getting on though!!! ///

WELL DONE!!!

"E M B O U C H U R E___E N H A N C E M E N T"
BOOK 1 also... BOOK 2 + demo CD

[Self Analysis and Diagnostic Trumpet Method]
_bugleboy
Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry,

Are you playing to side all the time (high and low) or does it go there as you go higher?
Jerry Freedman
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It goes there as I go higher (doing Caruso intervals) - I seem to be using a twist too. I realize that you are supposed to just do the studies and not worry about the feel/sound etc. That's what I am doing. My normal range is fine. Its just that the feel at the high end is getting a bit extreme.

Jerry
_bugleboy
Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry,

If you can resist the sliding to the side and the twisting, do it. But ONLY on the Caruso stuff.
How do you do this? Work your lips to get the sound while doing Caruso.

Remember, it doesn't matter how high you get. More important is HOW you are doing the intervals. Work your lips and maintain the same setting that you start with.

You can do it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: