• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bach LT 180S/72

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBTP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject: Bach LT 180S/72 Reply with quote

Hello everyone:

What year did Bach start to use the 25-O leadpipe on the 72* models? I read that it was sometime in the 80’S. I’ve been offered for purchase a horn but I will only buy it if has the 25-o leadpipe. Serial number 2215xx. Is there a way for me to find out for sure?
chef8489
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will have a 250 on the leadpipe.
jengstrom
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bach only marks the leadpipes when the pipe is not the standard pipe for that horn. Since the 25-O is the standard pipe for the 72*, it is not marked. If the horn had a 43 leadpipe, it would be marked. In any case, the serial number you cite is from the 80's, and by that time I think the 25-O was standard on the 72*. There is a thread somewhere here on TH that goes into the dates involved.

John

Edit: I searched unsuccessfully to find the thread that said when the 25-O became standard on the 72*. In doing so, I found a post by me claiming that my 1998 72* had a standard 25 pipe. I thought that because the tag on the case said that. However, I have since been told by a factory rep that mine is indeed a 25-O.
Yamaha YTR-761 D/Eb
Kanstul 1525
Bach 196 picc
Ed Kennedy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps Jim Becker or another knowledgeable repair guru could post the respective venturi measurements for the 25 and 25-0. With a hole gauge and micrometer or caliper you can measure the venturi ID to determine which pipe it is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: