• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

claude gordon's routine to ensure embouchure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Claude Gordon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ximo_molina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:27 am    Post subject: claude gordon's routine to ensure embouchure Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I recently had a dental problem, my dentist has modified the angle of a lower tooth since it was moving and causing damage to my mouth. All this has caused a readjustment in my embouchure.
Currently it is quite complicated to perform between 7 and 8 broadway shows a week and not have a correct position and operation of the embouchure.

Some friends have told me to be very patient. Perform an efficient study in the morning and defend the show at night. In time everything will return to normal.

All this has led me to think about starting to work on Claude Gordon's method. It is interesting everything read in this forum about its benefits (resistance, range, proper embouchure training, efficient breathing work ...). I will start with lesión 2 and keep it for at least two weeks (on double show days I will only do a short warm-up with Irons exercises, as indicated in several posts in this forum by the great teacher J. Mohan. (Hopefully my level of English was Good to be able to have Skype classes with him.)

If there is anyone who has any suggestions or points for help, you will be welcome...for example. Should I do some warmup before starting lesson 2?

Thanks!
Carol Brass Toreador Bb
Bach C 239 Malone leadpipe
Yamaha631 flugel
Yamaha Xeno Cornet
Stomvi Titán piccolo
Stomvi élite Eb
GR mouthpieces
vwag
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit up John Mohan on this forum, he's guided me through Gordon, Irons and Clarke to build endurance and range.
JVL
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buenas tardes Ximo

as a child, playing football, they broke a piece of my left sup. incisive.
The few times the added piece fell and had to be replaced, even if the dentist did his best and was almost identical to the previous piece, i could the little difference, and couples of days were necessarily to take the new marks.

i'd suggest that for these reasons, you'd warm up, softly, before your practice.
sensations and (re)coordination are the priorities.

buena suerte
saludos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Claude Gordon All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: