• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Thinking about a Prana

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GordonH
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad361 wrote:
When I was using Monette mouthpieces, I was playing a BL XLT. Tried the same in Prana, for me it worked fine on my Benge 3X+, not so much on my Wild Thing. Maybe the larger throat in combination with the WT large bore and bell was just too open. For me.

Brad

I had the same issue on the Wild Thing. I was playing a B1-5M Prana and I was never able to get sufficient focus. Not had that problem with any other trumpet and Prana mouthpieces. It must be some very specific collision of circumstances.
Cornet - Geneva Heritage, Conn 28A
Mouthpieces - Monette 1-5 rims and similar.

Licensed Radio Amateur - GM4SVM
theslawdawg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GordonH wrote:
Brad361 wrote:
When I was using Monette mouthpieces, I was playing a BL XLT. Tried the same in Prana, for me it worked fine on my Benge 3X+, not so much on my Wild Thing. Maybe the larger throat in combination with the WT large bore and bell was just too open. For me.

Brad

I had the same issue on the Wild Thing. I was playing a B1-5M Prana and I was never able to get sufficient focus. Not had that problem with any other trumpet and Prana mouthpieces. It must be some very specific collision of circumstances.

I've had the exact opposite. In fact, I finally got a hold of a non prana, and it just didn't work for me. Again, my biggest judge is my wife who just said....that one doesn't work for me.
kevin_soda
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theslawdawg wrote:
Sorry Russell, meant to say a B3S3 on Ebay. I've been really tempted to get the B6LV since I play B6 sizes, but the wait......sigh.

What's the difference between the L being before or after the second number?

I've been considering the B4LV S1 for a while now but I really just need to visit the shop. I've been playing Monette's for long enough that I could really benefit from taking the trip. I'm ashamed to admit that it's only a 3hr drive and I've been meaning to go down there for, like, ten years... yikes... And in the meantime if bought, like, five mouthpieces... WHAT AM DOING?!
theslawdawg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevin_soda wrote:
theslawdawg wrote:
Sorry Russell, meant to say a B3S3 on Ebay. I've been really tempted to get the B6LV since I play B6 sizes, but the wait......sigh.

What's the difference between the L being before or after the second number?

I've been considering the B4LV S1 for a while now but I really just need to visit the shop. I've been playing Monette's for long enough that I could really benefit from taking the trip. I'm ashamed to admit that it's only a 3hr drive and I've been meaning to go down there for, like, ten years... yikes... And in the meantime if bought, like, five mouthpieces... WHAT AM DOING?!

Awe man...you got to go! I just emailed BJ about being in the area in a few months, and he recommended I make an appointment. Additionally, you can schedule some time with Dave (for a small fee).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: