• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Arturo's embouchure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike ansberry
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject: Arturo's embouchure Reply with quote

I was watching this video today. Killer Russian band playing Chicago covers. Arturo plays a solo on this cut. When he goes into the extreme upper register, his embouchure looks like what I imagine my embouchure will look like if I succeed in attaining a balanced embouchure. But then I'm relatively new to this BE thng.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiNw4SKqaX4&feature=youtu.be&list=RDD5XmUnYW5Ks
mike ansberry
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The part I'm talking about starts at 3:43
tptptp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. I don't know the answer.
But, I sure am glad you posted the link. Great band!
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tptptp wrote:
But, I sure am glad you posted the link. Great band!

Leonid and friends. Check them out!

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Benge 3X Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
theslawdawg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpetteacher1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Arturo's embouchure Reply with quote

mike ansberry wrote:
I was watching this video today. Killer Russian band playing Chicago covers. Arturo plays a solo on this cut. When he goes into the extreme upper register, his embouchure looks like what I imagine my embouchure will look like if I succeed in attaining a balanced embouchure. But then I'm relatively new to this BE thng.

Arturo sets up with the mouthpiece bite in the red of the lower lip. This is typically called einsetzen. A lot of high note guys use that setup. It was the main point of Jerry Callet's Trumpet Yoga.

It works well for Arturo, as the size and shape of his bottom lip is perfect for it. Not sure if it will work for you, Mike. It is basically the RO setup, with slight modifications as you ascend.

The other element at work for Arturo is the general bunching of the lips toward the mouthpiece as he ascends. Faddis does the same thing. Ditto Dave Perrico. Dave told me that this, more than anything else, was what balance feels like and looks like to him. I tend to agree.

Jeff
mrhappy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Arturo's embouchure Reply with quote

trumpetteacher1 wrote:

Arturo sets up with the mouthpiece bite in the red of the lower lip. This is typically called einsetzen. A lot of high note guys use that setup. It was the main point of Jerry Callet's Trumpet Yoga.

I find that interesting!
dstpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine saw Leonid & Friends in Dallas this summer and spoke with (one of) the trumpet players that plays in the group (apparently, they have alternate players). He asked about this recording with Arturo and how it came about, and the Russian player said that Arturo had heard L&F on YouTube and asked to be featured as a soloist with the band. The band recorded their part in Russia, and Arturo in his home studio. My, how technology has changed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: