• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Jaw movement when playing lower

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fgonzales2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject: Jaw movement when playing lower Reply with quote

Ive noticed that i have been moving my jaw when i start to play lower and its really making my tone suffer making my sound stuffy and making it sound like mostly air any help?[/b]
JayKosta
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the jaw movement is done to relax or open your throat/neck, then try making a relaxed/open throat your 'full-range technique' - not just for the low range.

Does the jaw movement cause a shift in how or where the mouthpiece sets on your lips/teeth?

Jay
Oh ya, watch the conductor - they set what is 'on time'.
Rod Haney
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere that a well known player top 1% says the jaw should open and close due to volume ( loses softer more open louder) I assume he meant both decibels and air volume.

I really wasn’t sure of this but I tried to improve decibels on a hi g and it worked. Please understand I’m not saying this increases air, but it seemed to put my lips in a place they could better respond to the increased effort. I think I read Morrison said this but I’m not sure. Not sure it will work tomorrow but it did today.
Rod
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: