• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Courtois Flugel Part

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BEKanak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: Courtois Flugel Part Reply with quote

I need a part for my Courtois 154R Flugel, and neither I nor my local authorized dealer have been able to get any response from the Buffet-Crampon offices in Paris, NY, or Jacksonville, FL. I have 2 questions for the group:

1) Does anyone have any insight into how one might reach the Buffet-Crampon/Courtois parts department?

2) I may need to get a new part made. The part I need is the screw that goes through the bottom of the trigger lever and into the 3rd valve slide. To have one made, it would be helpful to have a picture. Is anyone willing to take a picture of theirs and send it to me?

Thanks
JayKosta
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that the screw is lost. If there are any other similar size removable screws, I suggest trying them to see whether any are the same thread size (probably metric) and then measure the one that fits (diameter in mm.x, and also the thread pitch). That would give you needed info to make or find a replacement.

Jay
Oh ya, watch the conductor - they set what is 'on time'.
BEKanak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - The screw is also the pivot point for the lever and only partially threaded - hence my request for a picture
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like the screws on my Bach.

The head is mostly flat and has a slot in it. Then there is a shoulder slightly longer than the thickness of the connecting rod at that point. Then there is a threaded portion that screws into the threaded mount on the slide crook.

I found one for sale for $11.09 on eBay.

Here is the eBay auction.

Last edited by LittleRusty on Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
astadler
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Courtois Flugel Part Reply with quote

BEKanak wrote:
I need a part for my Courtois 154R Flugel, and neither I nor my local authorized dealer have been able to get any response from the Buffet-Crampon offices in Paris, NY, or Jacksonville, FL. I have 2 questions for the group:

1) Does anyone have any insight into how one might reach the Buffet-Crampon/Courtois parts department?

2) I may need to get a new part made. The part I need is the screw that goes through the bottom of the trigger lever and into the 3rd valve slide. To have one made, it would be helpful to have a picture. Is anyone willing to take a picture of theirs and send it to me?

Thanks

I have a 154R, and can get you a picture. I’m on the road right now so the best I could do is the screw while it’s still attached to the horn, if you need it removed I won’t be able to do that until Sunday at the earliest.
BEKanak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty - That's the basic design, but it's about 1cm long and I believe it has metric threads.
BEKanak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astadler - Thanks! It would be great if you could send a picture. It would be better removed so the threaded vs un-threaded portions were visible. Sunday is fine.Thanks again.
BEKanak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astadler to the rescue! This is what I need.
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s261x260/75594524_10221147853709390_8870405869213319168_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQnoh5x14ln4V7SZRq3QwmNfdOyLoEdNQuo5HN1MiOuklN5THxmzjjLrsauiDv5m2Pf2epxIlULCdLNgEVFX39QE&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=2cc31b855d1d22119e9c64fd684d9733&oe=5E472DFF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: