• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

When and how to practise SA?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Claude Gordon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladsar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:21 am    Post subject: When and how to practise SA? Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm a comeback player after several years without playing. I've been playing for a couple of years after my comeback, and I'm looking for a method to build a solid and strong embouchure. I think SA may be the method I'm looking for. I'm currently playing in a brassband and a big band, and combined with my job I have maybe 1-2 hours for daily practice when it's not rehearsal. I've just started with SA (3 weeks ago) and I'm currently playing part two in the SA. However, I also need to practice for brassband and big band rehearsals. So I was wondering if anyone with experience from SA could share some thoughts about how to practice SA within 1-2 hours daily, included some time spent on brassand and big band stuff. I have to practice in the evening. I also might do some practice about 30 minutes in the morning before work. Most of the weekends I can practice for a longer time if necessary. Any help setting up a practise schedule would be appreciated
gwood66
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a couple of links to posts by John Mohan related to Systematic Approach. John studied with Claude for a number of years and understands how to adjust the routine to suit your practice needs. I studied with John for a few years at the start of my comeback. I still do the routines he developed for me which take about 1 hour to complete. I would recommend sending him a PM and trying to set up a lesson. He helped my playing considerably.

https://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=98540

https://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=113929
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladsar wrote:
Hi!

I'm a comeback player after several years without playing. I've been playing for a couple of years after my comeback, and I'm looking for a method to build a solid and strong embouchure. I think SA may be the method I'm looking for. I'm currently playing in a brassband and a big band, and combined with my job I have maybe 1-2 hours for daily practice when it's not rehearsal. I've just started with SA (3 weeks ago) and I'm currently playing part two in the SA. However, I also need to practice for brassband and big band rehearsals. So I was wondering if anyone with experience from SA could share some thoughts about how to practice SA within 1-2 hours daily, included some time spent on brassand and big band stuff. I have to practice in the evening. I also might do some practice about 30 minutes in the morning before work. Most of the weekends I can practice for a longer time if necessary. Any help setting up a practise schedule would be appreciated

I'd be happy to help you, in the long term, or at least for a few private lessons to get you headed in the right direction. Just click on the e-mail button below and let me know if you're interested in my help.

Best wishes,

John Mohan
Skype Lessons Available - Click on the e-mail button below if interested
Student Nurse (I graduate on December 13th!)
Trumpet Player and Teacher
1st Trpt for Cats, Phantom of the Opera, West Side Story, Evita, Hunchback of Notre Dame,
Grease, The Producers, Addams Family, Color Purple, In the Heights, etc.
Ex LA Studio Musician
16 Year Claude Gordon Student
Personal Valet to a Malamute (people with Malamutes will understand)
https://i.postimg.cc/R0G2bFdQ/IMG-6788.jpg

gwood66 wrote:
Here are a couple of links to posts by John Mohan related to Systematic Approach. John studied with Claude for a number of years and understands how to adjust the routine to suit your practice needs. I studied with John for a few years at the start of my comeback. I still do the routines he developed for me which take about 1 hour to complete. I would recommend sending him a PM and trying to set up a lesson. He helped my playing considerably.

https://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=98540

https://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=113929

Thanks for recommending me Gary!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Claude Gordon All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: