• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

iPad/Forscore

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kozzicomma

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhahntpt wrote:
I've been using a 1st gen iPad Pro 12.9 with Forsocre for at least two years now. It's been the best thing to happen to performing and practicing. I can erase cut sections, use a foot pedal for fast awkward page turns, store EVERYTHING on the iPad so I never need to carry 20lbs of books to practice, and playing outside I'll never worry about a page blowing away!

Yup. Had to carry around a 20lb bag of books until I got my iPad Pro with ForScore. Absolutely love ForScore. Using the STOMP bluetooth page turn pedal from Coda. It's really nice having all of my music in one places, including scores I'm studying. I use the apple pencil (both ipad and pencil are hand-me-downs from my wife), so it's really easy to keep notes on my parts, scores, etudes, etc. etc. LOVE IT!
mike ansberry
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a package of 3 pad pens from Walmart for under $5. Granted they are not usable for artistic stuff, just basic marks. But it is good for me marking up my music.
bman485

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taoduh wrote:
I have ForScore and looked at the foot pedal. It was $50. Uh... is there a cheaper option?

Not if you want anything reliable at all. You’re paying for a pretty niche electronic so there aren’t hundreds of options to choose from. And with it being Bluetooth, you want to get something very reliable that you don’t have to worry about losing connection.
chrisneverve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://flic.io/

I mount this on a leather valve guard and operate it with my left middle finger. Super small, never failed me.
Voltrane
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I tried around a year ago the flick button but gave up because it was far too slow to turn the page. Is it ok is now with some updated button? What model are you using?
Currently the best way I have found is to prepare the score so that I have enough time to easily the page with my finger!
Thanks
jengstrom
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lately, I have been using the half page turning option and just using my finger. It's very rare that I wish I had the pedal hooked up. Most of the time, there is at least a measure rest somewhere in the top half of the next page, which gives me plenty of time to reach out and finish the page turn with my finger.

John
Yamaha YTR-761 D/Eb
Kanstul 1525
Bach 196 picc
NSBandMan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at getting a new ipad with forscore. What amount of storage do you recommend?
OldHorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSBandMan wrote:
I'm at getting a new ipad with forscore. What amount of storage do you recommend?

It depends on what you're using it for. ForScore files are small. You can have thousands. My iPad has about 400/500 leadsheets, most are one or two pages.

But other things take up more space. Mp3's, movies, etc...

My personal advice is to get the most storage you can comfortably afford. You can't add it later. And if you get too small of storage now, your only option would be to buy another iPad with more storage.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldHorn wrote:
NSBandMan wrote:

It depends on what you're using it for. ForScore files are small. You can have thousands. My iPad has about 400/500 leadsheets, most are one or two pages.

But other things take up more space. Mp3's, movies, etc...

My personal advice is to get the most storage you can comfortably afford. You can't add it later. And if you get too small of storage now, your only option would be to buy another iPad with more storage.

Good advice.
DH
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're only dealing with ForScore files, I agree that storage isn't much of an issue. I have nearly 5000 files (and stuff like solos and etude books are ONE file but could be over 100 pages) and this is such a small amount of storage that I could have gotten one with much less storage. (I could look up specifics if anyone is interested)

However if you're going to us it for a multiple purposes including music and photos etc. then more storage doesn't hurt....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: