• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

...and another "return"!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DougEaton

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject: ...and another "return"! Reply with quote

Greetings and Salutations~
Same old story with no dissimilar slants; I’m returning to my brass-induced amusement with no pursuit or illusion of magnificence. Just here to learn, relearn, and enjoy the act of playing.

Peace.
Doug
DougEaton

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S.
I just "upgraded" my trumpet from Jon Milam on this forum; a 1955 Conn Victor 22B. Looking forward to progress, of sorts.
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back to our magnificent pursuit (from our point of view) aka our journey to insanity (the general point of view of those around us).
DougEaton

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mohan wrote:
Welcome back to our magnificent pursuit (from our point of view) aka our journey to insanity (the general point of view of those around us).

Thanks John~ I've been playing on my own for about 4 months. Bought an awesome "comeback" book; "I used to Play Trumpet" by Larry Clark. It's been really helpful to get back into playing, especially from a 59 year old's point of view that hasn't concerned himself with embouchure for far too long. I also have a university near me that has a good music program (Susquehanna U.). So, I'm looking into finding some unfortunate Music Major that can give some lessons...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: