• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Music for 2 Trumpets and Piano

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mustang

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject: Music for 2 Trumpets and Piano Reply with quote

Hello, I am looking for ideas for a non-Baroque show piece for 2 trumpets and piano. The main problem is that the piece (or a single movement) needs to be around 3 minutes in length. As far as style goes, the Morales would be perfect for the format, but the movements would obviously be too long. Any suggestions? Thank you!
chrisf3000
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can think of two off the top of my head - Joseph Horovitz' Concertino Classico and Kevin McKee's Under Western Skies.

The first has three movements, each of them around 3:00 in length - a modern take on a classical style. The second is actual modern writing, each movement around 5 to 5:30 min. in length - perhaps cuts could be made. Others may have suggestions, too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: