• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Reinhardt tuba students

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject: Reinhardt tuba students Reply with quote

Anybody here remember any Reinhardt tuba students? You can PM me if you like or post some names here.

I've gotten to a point in my tuba studies where I need some Reinhardt-oriented help and have not been able to track down a single Reinhardt tuba student. I remember he had some because he talked to me about them, but for the life of me I can't seem to be able to find one (now that I need one ).

Thanks in advance for your help!
Jerry Freedman
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't you play bass trumpet for a while? There is no commonality?
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Freedman wrote:
Didn't you play bass trumpet for a while? There is no commonality?

I still play bass trumpet. Tuba is quite the different animal. I've been playing it since July 2017 and have sought help from three "conventional" teachers, but it has become apparent that I need a Reinhardt-oriented teacher to keep things compatible between the instruments I play (trumpet/flugelhorn/cornet, bass trumpet, alto horn and now tuba).
royjohn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I haven't been on TH in a while and I see that this thread is ten months old without much of a reply. I have two suggestions if you are still looking. I would post a query on Tubenet, where all the tuba player hang out. Maybe some of them know of a Reinhardt oriented teacher. Another thought is to contact Doug Elliot. Doug was, I guess you know, one of Reinhardt's long time trombone students, and the bass trombone is not that far from the tuba in how it works with the embouchure. Hope this is helpful...I dabble in the tuba and would be interested in what you have found out.
Cornet: 1970's Yamaha YCR-233S . . . and others . . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: