• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Anyone familiar with the trumpet who recorded on Havana?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lionel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject: Anyone familiar with the trumpet who recorded on Havana? Reply with quote

written and recorded by Camila Cabela in 2017? It's a song so good that it has already replaced her former signature tune whatever that was. Apologies but my equipment doesn't allow copying & pasting links. However you'll find Cabela's tune all over You Tube.

Trumpet player soloing at 2:36 has a gorgeous tone. I want to know both who he is and what brand of ax he's using. Its a dark, deep romantic Latin tune written by Miss Cabela who really once was a little girl growing up in Havana. Few Pop songs I've heard since the Sixties have this kind of depth and personal signature. And then to put the icing on the cake at abt 3/4s thru the piece we hear a cat with a tone so perfect that he needs to blow only one note and we can't shut the radio off until he's done.

So this car has the perfect mix of deep cup mouthpiece tone but still within the framework of commercial representation. It's like he's the opposite of the classically trained trumpet who suddenly finds himself playing Pop/Dance music and can't cut it. This fellow however... Well for starters he's got a sound that just says,

"Hey man I own this recording. I'm in charge here".

Then he or someone in the section does a nice slide up to High E and lays there up high like a red balloon for a spell. Also good drama.

Your help welcome.

Carl Spackler (aka Bill Murray, 1980).
SatchmoGillespie
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per wikipedia, it's Serafin Aguilar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Havana_(Camila_Cabello_song)
Getzen Severinsen
Kanstul 1525 Flugelhorn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Recordings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: