• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

High range development

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markolen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:16 pm    Post subject: High range development Reply with quote

Chromatic Maggio is one of the best means to an end with reagrd to upper register development.
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, VERY helpful, great contribution.

Post five, eh? What’s for sale?🙄

Brad
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- although I agree about Maggio. I went from a High C to a Double High C in a matter of months.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here it is:

https://www.trumpetherald.com/marketplace.php?task=detail&id=119633&s=Leblanc-Paris-Bb-Trumpet

markolen wrote:
Have to sacrifice to pay for my daughter's wedding. Includes a 7C mouthpiece.
Don't miss out on this steal!

Well, weddings are expensive...
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mohan wrote:
And here it is:

https://www.trumpetherald.com/marketplace.php?task=detail&id=119633&s=Leblanc-Paris-Bb-Trumpet

markolen wrote:
Have to sacrifice to pay for my daughter's wedding. Includes a 7C mouthpiece.
Don't miss out on this steal!

Well, weddings are expensive...

Figures.

Brad
mm55
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The self-appointed vigilante committee is at it again.
'42 Selmer US
'90 Yamaha YTR6450S(C)
'12 Eastman ETR-540S (D/Eb)
'10 Carol CPT-300LR pkt
'89 Yamaha YCR2330S crnt
'13 CarolBrass CFL-6200-GSS-BG flg
trompette229
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Maybe people should lobby to have the rules changed so 5 posts aren't required to list in the marketplace, then folks won't have to get upset when people are doing the 5 posts.
Craig Swartz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey. WTH? Arbitrary is arbitrary...
trompette229
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not trying to be flippant. When I joined TH and when many others have, they often get hassled on their first 5 posts whether they are relevant or not as folks see them as gaming the system.
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm55 wrote:
The self-appointed vigilante committee is at it again.

You bet.

You don’t mind if this place is treated like Craigslist, that’s fine. I do. Neither of our opinions invalidates the other’s.

Brad
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trompette229 wrote:
I'm not trying to be flippant. When I joined TH and when many others have, they often get hassled on their first 5 posts whether they are relevant or not as folks see them as gaming the system.

I’m not trying to pick a fight here, but look at the original post and tell me if this is not someone gaming the system.

I don’t consider myself to be a self appointed vigilante, as someone else suggested, nor am I trying to assert some non existent authority, that I certainly do not have, over anyone.

And BTW, I do not hassle new members here in any way who are legitimately making contributions or commentary. On the contrary, I usually make every effort to welcome new people here, again, when they are clearly joining TH for reasons other than to sell something in the (no cost) marketplace.

Brad
trompette229
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad361 wrote:
trompette229 wrote:

I’m not trying to pick a fight here, but look at the original post and tell me if this is not someone gaming the system.

I don’t consider myself to be a self appointed vigilante, as someone else suggested, nor am I trying to assert some non existent authority, that I certainly do not have, over anyone.

And BTW, I do not hassle new members here in any way who are legitimately making contributions or commentary. On the contrary, I usually make every effort to welcome new people here, again, when they are clearly joining TH for reasons other than to sell something in the (no cost) marketplace.

Brad

Yes, it's obvious this person was getting their posts in to use the marketplace. They could have put more thought into the post so it felt better for you but either way, they have to make those posts in order to place the ad. I'm always happy to have a robust marketplace with lots of options so I'm glad they were able to post. Your opinion IS totally valid
mm55
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad361 wrote:
I’m not trying to pick a fight here

It looks like that's exactly what you're trying to do, in addition to hazing a newcomer who is abiding by the forum rules, doing nothing wrong, and doing no harm to anyone. Not gaming the system at all; rather, complying with all the rules.

We've all seen much more useless posts from the long-time crew of posters. It's no big deal. And I've seen plenty of scam ads from regular posters with actual trumpet-playing credibility. What gives you the right to assert some non-existent authority to decide what posts are or are not legitimate?
'42 Selmer US
'90 Yamaha YTR6450S(C)
'12 Eastman ETR-540S (D/Eb)
'10 Carol CPT-300LR pkt
'89 Yamaha YCR2330S crnt
'13 CarolBrass CFL-6200-GSS-BG flg
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm55 wrote:
Brad361 wrote:
I’m not trying to pick a fight here

It looks like that's exactly what you're trying to do, in addition to hazing a newcomer who is abiding by the forum rules, doing nothing wrong, and doing no harm to anyone. Not gaming the system at all; rather, complying with all the rules.

We've all seen much more useless posts from the long-time crew of posters. It's no big deal. And I've seen plenty of scam ads from regular posters with actual trumpet-playing credibility. What gives you the right to assert some non-existent authority to decide what posts are or are not legitimate?

Pretty sure that’s exactly what I stated I was not doing.

Apparently you believe that your opinion trumps mine, whatever.

Brad
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO there are far too many attacks on new members coupled with an assumption of "guilty until proven innocent". If you have a problem with a post, or poster, PM the sysadmin (trumpetherald) or moderators (Moderators), instead of trashing every thread and driving would-be posters away.
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don Herman rev2 wrote:
IMO there are far too many attacks on new members coupled with an assumption of "guilty until proven innocent". If you have a problem with a post, or poster, PM the sysadmin (trumpetherald) or moderators (Moderators), instead of trashing every thread and driving would-be posters away.

I disagree, but I will not voice my opinion on this subject from here on.

Brad
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please consider that at times posters who could be valuable contributors find TH solely because they are wanting to sell something. They make their five posts but in the process see the community and decide to stay and contribute further. Or, see all the hostility and do not return. We have lost a number of potentially great contributors, including seasoned pros and pedagogues as well as young students, because their initial experience was so bad. Yes, plenty of five-post wonders (5PW's) never heard from again, but the constant disparagement of new posters drives away many who would be good people to have on board. And that includes some who do not post but see the reaction to new posters and do not even try. Better to be encouraging or just say nothing at all, in my opinion. - Don
krell1960
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]Better to be encouraging or just say nothing at all, in my opinion. - Don[/quote]

that's a tough lesson to learn, i had to, i ended up asking to be removed from TH because of the negative reaction i got from Posters about a questionable comment i made about a bad experience i had.
Realized that i have gotten a lot from this place and decided to comeback, although now without my "heavyweight" status, which is fine as its just a number. Many people here have been great with their advice and experience, i have tried to share my "A HA" moments when i thought they were similar to an OP's. In the end i will be following your lead Mr Herman in the future.

regards,

tom
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don Herman rev2 wrote:
Please consider that at times posters who could be valuable contributors find TH solely because they are wanting to sell something. They make their five posts but in the process see the community and decide to stay and contribute further. Or, see all the hostility and do not return. We have lost a number of potentially great contributors, including seasoned pros and pedagogues as well as young students, because their initial experience was so bad. Yes, plenty of five-post wonders (5PW's) never heard from again, but the constant disparagement of new posters drives away many who would be good people to have on board. And that includes some who do not post but see the reaction to new posters and do not even try. Better to be encouraging or just say nothing at all, in my opinion. - Don

Don,

Point taken, I intend to look at it from your perspective from here on.

I do value the information and insight that can be found on TH, and do not want to contribute to any acrimony here.

Brad
tptptp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad361 wrote:

Point taken, I intend to look at it from your perspective from here on.
Brad

Brad, it hit me that this is wonderful life advice. I will try to apply your wisdom broadly. Thanks for that!
Craig
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: