• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Conn 12B Main Tuning Slide Crook

View previous topic :: View next topic  
veum
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject: Conn 12B Main Tuning Slide Crook Reply with quote

I just picked up a restorable 1937 Conn 12B. The main tuning slide is a little rough, but there's no rot there or on the leadpipe. I've looked at the 12B picture on the Conn Loyalist page and the slide crook looks quite rounded, particularly compared with my 1927 22B. If I can't get it repaired, where might I find a replacement? Allied? Other sources?

Thanks!

Bill
derekthor
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allied wouldn't carry a replacement but I'm sure that any of the usual top repair techs (Charlie Melk et al) could get it back in decent cosmetic condition. Might even check out some local folks like Laurel Chapman or Eric Peterson, or even John Huth in Red Wing.
J.D. Heckathorn
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 Conn 12Bs, one a '39 and one '48. In my research on them it seems a suitable replacement Leadpipe for the 12B/22B are from the 60s era 15/17B Director horns that have the same #1 bore.

I believe the tuning slide from a 15B/17B should fit your 12B as well. These horns can be found anywhere from $50-150 online, just find one with a good condition leadpipe/tuning slide and pilfer it for parts.

Good luck
veum
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: