• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

High range development

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad361 wrote:
Don Herman rev2 wrote:
Please consider that at times posters who could be valuable contributors find TH solely because they are wanting to sell something. They make their five posts but in the process see the community and decide to stay and contribute further. Or, see all the hostility and do not return. We have lost a number of potentially great contributors, including seasoned pros and pedagogues as well as young students, because their initial experience was so bad. Yes, plenty of five-post wonders (5PW's) never heard from again, but the constant disparagement of new posters drives away many who would be good people to have on board. And that includes some who do not post but see the reaction to new posters and do not even try. Better to be encouraging or just say nothing at all, in my opinion. - Don

Don,

Point taken, I intend to look at it from your perspective from here on.

I do value the information and insight that can be found on TH, and do not want to contribute to any acrimony here.

Brad

NP, and I appreciate your response. I am certainly no angel in this (or anything else), but do try to give the benefit of the doubt. The 5PW's we'll never hear from again, but it's a shame when we drive off someone who could become a valued member, or just somebody needing help, in our zeal to ridicule the marketeers.
Vince.Green
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see some civil discussion and a reasonable result. Always a good thing to err on the side of being inclusive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: