• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Shulman system

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpetjens
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject: Shulman system Reply with quote

Anyone have a Shulman System they would like to move? Please email me privately

Jens Lindemann
www.trumpetsolo.com
RGrahame

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject: SHULMAN SYSTEM FOR TRUMPET Reply with quote

I have Essential Tremor and am interested in how the Shulman System might help me in playing. Where can I find one? Would it help someone who can't hold the trumpet/cornet steady? What are they worth?

I have an ErgoBrass that I am trying to work with and next week I am seeing an Occupational Therapist who specializes in ET. The clinic has engineers who can design and build assistive devices.
plp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to track down one for a friend, who had rotator cuff surgery on his left shoulder, and simply could not support his horn. Awesome player, spent 8 hours a day on a podium waving a baton in his right hand, but just could not make it through the first hour of a gig playing.

They have achieved unicorn status, and would urge all y'all entrepreneurs out there, reinvent the wheel with a different trademark.
Since all other motives—fame, money, power, even honor—are thrown out the window the moment I pick up that instrument..... I play because I love doing it, even when the results are disappointing. In short, I do it to do it.” Wayne Booth
JGulyas
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you here, Jens. I remember when you started in the CBQ back in the day!

John

US Navy Bandsman 1996-2010 (Trumpet; Audio Engineer)
Mpc - Kanstul/Monette B6, Hammond Design custom "JG"
Bb - Yamaha 6335HGSII
C - Eastman ETR530
Picc - NoName Chinese
RGrahame

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone did reply to one of my requests and we were corresponding, but I have not heard from him in a few days. I'm sort of eager to going on this, so is there anyone else out there with one.

I have an upcoming appointment with an occupational therapist at the Movement Disorders Clinic and would like to take the Shulman and my ErgoBrass along. There is also an organization of retired engineers who design and build specialized assistive devices.
kevin_soda
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGrahame wrote:
Someone did reply to one of my requests and we were corresponding, but I have not heard from him in a few days. I'm sort of eager to going on this, so is there anyone else out there with one.

I have an upcoming appointment with an occupational therapist at the Movement Disorders Clinic and would like to take the Shulman and my ErgoBrass along. There is also an organization of retired engineers who design and build specialized assistive devices.

Well, I just posted an ad about two weeks ago in the marketplace looking to buy one and I got two offers. I bought one, it arrived on Saturday, and I'm using it regularly. They're out there.
RGrahame

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bit of a complicated process to get registered, but I managed to post a wanted ad. I hope I did it correctly.

Oddly, a search in the Market Place does not reveal any ads for a Shulman.
kevin_soda
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I removed my ad once I found one. It’s been a game changer for me. I hope you can find one.

Someone should buy the rights to make these again. You could 3D print most of the parts. The world needs this product. Maybe ACB could get behind it? C’mon, Trent! Do it!
RGrahame

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been corresponding with a member here who will sell me his, however he is busy with health issues at the moment, so I'm waiting.

In the meantime, I have been working with my ErgoBrass and it helps sometimes, if I'm not having too bad of a day with my tremors. But it is a little too awkward. I'm really looking forward to the Shulman.

I E-mailed Matt hoping to find out what has happened to the production of his invention, but he has not answered me. Does anyone know how to get ahold of him? I agree that this product needs to get back into production.
Didymus
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject: Why? Reply with quote

kevin_soda wrote:
I removed my ad once I found one. It’s been a game changer for me. I hope you can find one.

Someone should buy the rights to make these again. You could 3D print most of the parts. The world needs this product. Maybe ACB could get behind it? C’mon, Trent! Do it!

I'm amazed that the man formally known as Matt Shulman seems to have no interest in bringing the Shulman System back into production. Ergo Brass's support system doesn't have the same vibration "feedback" feature that the Shulman System offered. There seems to be a demand for it..... I wonder if sales were so slow that he lost interest in trying to market it?
kevin_soda
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the market may have been too narrow to be "commercially viable." I don't think they were cheap either.

My guess is that he made them all himself and that probably wasn't sustainable. It's all not a sure solution for everyone but I'm sure it could help thousands of trumpet players.
RGrahame

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on getting my hands on the Shulman System. I still don't know much about it, but maybe I know most of what there is to know. I'm supposing that it is a pretty simple device.

What I have wondered though is if there were changes or variations? Would versions made later have any improvement over the earlier ones?

What could be broken, worn, or damaged?

Is there anything else to know about it?
RGrahame

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received a nice E-mail from Matt informing me that he is in discussions with another player about getting the Shulman System back into production. I think the other player is a member here, so perhaps, if he is tuned into this discussion, he might have some further news. JL are you around?

In the meantime, perhaps a bit of nudging from others here might see the process expedited.
kevin_soda
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there were some compromises with the original design that could be mitigated by advancements in manufacturing since the originals were made. I think the trumpet world needs the Schulman System and I hope they can bring them back.
Vince.Green
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not trying a sales job here but since it seems there are players in need of these, you can text me 206.954.6825.
I have two of these I'm moving for a friend, so let me know if you are in need.
Vince
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: